Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Today, Kerstin did an "encore" presentation of the "Big Deal" priced Total Gym.   Not only did Rosalie Brown do a presentation/ demonstration of the Total Gym remotely, but Kerstin demonstrated it in the studio.   She exercized on it and adjusted it, demonstrating the use of it.   It was a very good 15 minute presentation.

Yesterday, Monifa had the premiere show of this Big Deal, again with Rosalie Brown, for an entire hour.   Yet Monifa never touched an assembled Total Gym, let alone got on / used /  demonstrated one.   For ONE HOUR she stood behind pieces of the equipment and spoke.   I have NEVER seen a presentation of exercize equipment where the host did not use it, even briefly.   

Her next show was for a computer for one hour.   She sat on her couch for the entire hour BEHIND the open laptop.   The HP person did his demonstrations but she never faced it to even change a screen! 

Omg! Call the Q police!! 

Since you appear to be the forum police, maybe you can alert them.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Total Gym presentations

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman wrote:

Today, Kerstin did an "encore" presentation of the "Big Deal" priced Total Gym.   Not only did Rosalie Brown do a presentation/ demonstration of the Total Gym remotely, but Kerstin demonstrated it in the studio.   She exercized on it and adjusted it, demonstrating the use of it.   It was a very good 15 minute presentation.

Yesterday, Monifa had the premiere show of this Big Deal, again with Rosalie Brown, for an entire hour.   Yet Monifa never touched an assembled Total Gym, let alone got on / used /  demonstrated one.   For ONE HOUR she stood behind pieces of the equipment and spoke.   I have NEVER seen a presentation of exercize equipment where the host did not use it, even briefly.   

Her next show was for a computer for one hour.   She sat on her couch for the entire hour BEHIND the open laptop.   The HP person did his demonstrations but she never faced it to even change a screen! 

You posted the same complaint about the same host two weeks ago, and said that she was a turn off for you. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Total Gym presentations

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman wrote:

I did not realize that the hosts were restricted on QVC2.   That is ludicrous.   They replay the main channel shows with the demonstrations on QVC2.   This contrast makes the host look bad.

Since Monifa can only do as directed, this makes her look lazy to say the least.   

The sets at QVC2 must be the size of a closet because all of the hosts stand and let the vendors take the lead.

It's not that she can only do as directed, she's supposed to do as she is directed by her director and producer. It's her job.

It appears that you do not care for this host but continue to watch in order to find fault.

Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman So, the "lazy" tag applies only to Monifa and not David, Mary, etc.? Based on the responses about Q2, each host is limited in that way.  

Trusted Contributor

Seems like an attempt to encourage termination.  Hosts are criticized quite often; however, critiquing one for a specific action and not others for the same actions, is suspect.  I won't label it for what it is but I am reading between the lines of the post.

Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I did not realize that the hosts were restricted on QVC2.   That is ludicrous.   They replay the main channel shows with the demonstrations on QVC2.   This contrast makes the host look bad.

Since Monifa can only do as directed, this makes her look lazy to say the least.   

The sets at QVC2 must be the size of a closet because all of the hosts stand and let the vendors take the lead.

It's not that she can only do as directed, she's supposed to do as she is directed by her director and producer. It's her job.

It appears that you do not care for this host but continue to watch in order to find fault.

I tuned in to see the Total Gym and was curious as to whether Monifa would be more active in this presentation.   I did not watch the entire show.  

My criticisms of Monifa's presentations started because she professes her wellness / exercise credentials yet didn't use the equipment.   I was hoping to see a new exercise guru at QVC, like Kerstin, Jen, and Rick.   I also realize that she must follow the QVC director's guidelines.   I really feel that QVC makes her look uninvolved in her presentations.   

I have noticed this recently with Mary, too.   Same criticisms.   I am realizing more and more that it is a QVC fault that makes these hosts look uninvolved and passive.   Why have them there at all?   To be a backdrop / wallpaper for the product?   Ridiculous! 

Frequent Contributor

Kerstin and Rick are the best hosts for any kind of fitness items.  Amy Stran is also very good on the rare occasions she presents.

Before she was fired, Kristine Zell did a fitness hour and was outstanding.  She really knew how to use the item and was clear and confident in her presentation.  Unlike Kerstin, who loves to show off the way she looks, Kristine Zell was/is much more modest and it was shocking to see how good of shape she was in.

Whoever is selling the fitness item needs to look the part at least a little bit.

Hello my name is Ramon and i wanted ask if it is possible i can leave a message for Rosalie Brown about the Total Gym.