Valued Contributor

I find Kim Gravel's jeans like Diane Gilman's jeans way too stretchy.  Every step I take they slide down an inch.  I am always pulling them Up.  I find jeans with only 1 % spandex work best for me.  I am not as small as Amy S, but not much bigger...but I am 67 years old and very particular about my jeans.  I am after all an "original" hippie...  Laurie Felt's jeans are THE BEST  !!   I like her "girlfriend" style...and yes I prefer a straight leg.   I ahte that BIG legs are back...They are Polazzo's no matter what they are called today...elephant legs !!

Esteemed Contributor

@mariadomenica wrote:

I find Kim Gravel's jeans like Diane Gilman's jeans way too stretchy.  Every step I take they slide down an inch.  I am always pulling them Up.  I find jeans with only 1 % spandex work best for me.  I am not as small as Amy S, but not much bigger...but I am 67 years old and very particular about my jeans.  I am after all an "original" hippie...  Laurie Felt's jeans are THE BEST  !!   I like her "girlfriend" style...and yes I prefer a straight leg.   I ahte that BIG legs are back...They are Polazzo's no matter what they are called today...elephant legs !!

We think alike! When the jeans have so much spandex in them, they tend to slide down after an hour of wearing them. I'm not big into belts, but all of these jeans need something to hold them in place. Then without some sort of stretch, they feel stiff. My favorite are the Laurie felt silky denim. 

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

I find Kim's jeans dont bag or slide down.  However Diane G's jeans do and the pockets in her jeans are way to small.

I am happy that boot cut and bell bottom, flare's or whatever they are called now days are back.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
New Contributor

I hate spandex, partiularly in tops.  They do cling, they are not flattering and they are hot.  

Respected Contributor

@katkato wrote:

I hate spandex, partiularly in tops.  They do cling, they are not flattering and they are hot.  

Depends on the top and the way the fabric is knit. Personally, I like the comfort of spandex in clothing.