Esteemed Contributor

Agree with all who say it's too much. Thanksgiving lasts 3 days at most, and that's only because I get 3 paid days off work. What other holiday, besides Christmas, has an open-ended start and end date? I would love it if Christmas season lasted 2 weeks, which would include Christmas Eve and Christmas day, ending December 30th. I've given this a lot of thought. Too much thought. That's how much this open-ended holiday bugs me. And it's my faith.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor
@Kachina624, totally agree!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I repeat what @Icegoddess said!!!    Only with lots of exclamation points!!!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

If you grew up and were taught the meaning of Christmas and believed, you shouldn’t be losing it because of stores and shopping channels. If something like that causes you to lose it you never really believed in the first place.

Occasional Contributor

I find the endless sells of electronics and big ticket items geared toward Christmas booooring!  I miss the fashions which is what I purchase the most.  My QVC watching is way reduced. The Christmas season is a wonderful time of year, but too much Christmas makes it so commercial and common.  Please find some balance in your programming.

Honored Contributor

You cant blame QVC they are a retailer and they dont do anything that b&m stores dont do.  Christmas has started at Halloween at most stores.  I do agree that Christmas in July is a yuck, but there are people who love it.  They should have shows for things they like and want.

Yes the true meaning of Chistmas has been in the process of being erased for decades, and especially now that this country is erasing God from everything.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)

I agree about the Christmas thing. Because of it, I've basically stopped watching and can't stand the program hosts any longer. So phony!!

Super Contributor

I don't watch much anymore to begin with and since Christmas 24-7 began in like early October, my tv hasn't been near QVC outside of a few minutes of AM Style or Q2 fashion. They seem to have gone overboard on the food shows this year judging by my reviews of "items recently aired".

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Trusted Contributor
I am not a fan of holidays. For me personally, they are generally a sad time. I'm so glad that most other people enjoy such happy holidays! I think that is terrific! But for me it is a relief to flip the calendar to January 1st and know the holidays are behind me. (I'm not a Grinch, honestly)!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Too much Christmas!

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books 

I don't think you are alone in your thinking.

For many, it is a difficult time.  I have many blessings in my life, but I still find myself struggling to feel the true spirit of the holiday.  So many times, I find myself thinking of things that are no longer.

Most mornings, I try to be thankful to have another day to enjoy the small, priceless things...birds singing, snow, sun, nature.  Those are the real gifts.

Being outside when possible helps keep me grounded a  bit.  I know it's not easy when it's bitter cold, or bad weather, but it always gets me back on track.

Let's hope we  can find peace and happiness in the coming days. Cat Happy