Respected Contributor

QVC is a business & a big part of that business is selling Christmas items...you aren't forced to watch, buy, celebrate with gifts or agree with the company business model. Q is not ruining or corrupting Christmas or any other Holiday...they give customers the opportunity to buy & that EMPLOYEES PEOPLE. Good grief.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Shanus 

Thank you, beautifully said. 

@mspatmac   You're welcome. I attended a Baptist Junior College before UNC. We were required to take a semester each of New and Old Testament. 

Super Contributor

You are talking about the Christmas Shows, can you imagine the buyer who has to start shopping for these items a year in advance. Their job is to make a decision on products you may or may not buy. The true meaning of Christmas is really not lost at all , it is the fact that people themselves at times get caught up in what they see and not what it really means. QVC is not the only retailer who does this and Hobby Lobby,Michaels and other stores do this because they buy before any one see the items. We use excuses to really stop doing things and that is really sad. Christmas has always been a joyous time for me no matter what goes on around me. I celebrate the reason for the season all year because I am a giver by nature. Sometime we all need to take a deep breath and remember that the control lies with each of us and not the retailer they are there to help thefew who really want to buy a little at a time and not be rush at the last minute.

Honored Contributor

It's  kind of ludicrous that they put so much time and effort into "Christmas" then lose customers and business right and left because they can't get anything shipped in a timely manner.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

There is SACRED Christmas and there is SECULAR Christmas. 

Personally I don't have a problem keeping each aspect separate so there is no way indulging in secular Christmas diminishes the meaning of sacred Christmas.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

There is SACRED Christmas and there is SECULAR Christmas. 

Personally I don't have a problem keeping each aspect separate so there is no way indulging in secular Christmas diminishes the meaning of sacred Christmas.

@Marp   I get what you're saying and admire your convictions. Both my SIL and DIL are Catholic and I've attended mass with both. They still think the holiday's lost its religious purpose. 

Trusted Contributor

I for one love the Christmas Programming, not that I buy a ton of it but here and there I do and it is good for inspiration.  I look forward to Christmas in July every year and yes this year it started at the end of June and I was good with it.

Different strokes for different folks.

I am not one that likes the electronic or beauty shows and those too are on constantly.  

Respected Contributor

I agree some people have lost the meaning of Christmas, but if you were taught when you were a child the meaning of Christmas instead of the gifts at Christmas and how much you are getting, then one would understand the meaning of Christmas.  I know many people that celebrate that the Christ child was born and can give gifts without the over indulgence effect.  It's always up to the parent to teach.  It was in my house.

Super Contributor

This same complaint has been going on for years.  The truth is Americans LOVE Christmas and have turned it into a season that runs from November 1-December 25. People want the "warm/cozy/family/fun/Hallmark movies/good food" feeling as long as they can and don't care if it's super early.  The other night I passed by a house that already had a big Christmas tree lit up in the window.

QVC is just profiting from this trend and I say more power to them.  No one is forced to watch or buy.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey it beats shoe shopping with you know who.