Honored Contributor

Re: Too many presentations of the same old products. It needs to be curtailed.

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Have heard - to my surprise - host asking for ideas for new products or if we HAVE a product  or idea....but need help marketing it.......let us (Q) know.

To me that's an admission that the fish tank of new items has dried up.

@fthunt 

And I think the problem of finding of new products might be that QVC seems to be focusing on just "big ticket items" with "big price tags" rather than the wide range of products and prices they had in the past......They seem to be relying more on E-Z-Pay too and their Q Card in the hopes that viewers will make these big purchases....but looking at their latest financial results, this sales strategy isn't working....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Just venting again, but why does the Q constantly show an overload of most of the products they have a stake in? I don't care, I am tired of the overload.

Some of them are good products, but too frequent air time on many.

Philosophy- good grief, two hours.

Josie Maran- oh good grief, too much too often

IT Cosmetics- too much too often

D&C-but it's their line

Isaac Mizrahi-too often

Can you name others?

Thanks.

@keithsmom65   Haven’t yet read through this post, but Susan Graver, Anybody and LOGO come to mind. I haven’t recorded shows of interest in quite awhile. I may as well tune into a Paid Programming channel and watch infomercials...constant repetition there, too. 

Honored Contributor

@GG13 wrote:

LOGO. On almost every day; often multiple times a day.

@GG13   If not a LOGO show, her items appear on other clothing shows. Vince Camuto shows are getting old, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum wrote:

I bet you can all think of a few that fall into this category.When products reach their saturation point, they slowly disappear. These products are on because they sell so well.

A classic example is Diamonique. It used to be on 24/7and not anymore.   Another is Eterna gold.  Sport Savy.  Citiknits. Ojon. Artisan Crafted Sterling, etc. I bet you can all think of a few that fall into this category. 

@Bhvbum 

You bring up some old time vendors and what was done in the past, and some just became obsolete and outdated, or the company went out of business. But the problem is these days the products don't disappear.......Look at the Program Guide the same things, especially on the weekends...Talk about saturation point, how many Argan Oil and IT Cosmetics can one use...same with vacuums, Kitchen Aid Mixers, the spurtle, Vitamix--Shark is back AGAIN September 1st....--and Q's sales continue to decline quarter after quarter... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

They are really suffering from the same old same old. There is nothing on that you haven’t seen before.

Clark’s, IT, Philosophy, Denim and Company blah blah blah.

They have thousands of things online that you’ve never seen presented before. Why?

I had no idea until last month they even carried Clinique.

It is getting VERY stale.
Honored Contributor

Oh, also don’t give a fig about Jane’s shoes or what’s in whose closets or their beauty “secrets”. What?!?!?

Honored Contributor

LOGO, Susan Graver, IT Cosmetics, Josie Maran, Dyson, Computers, Home Security (Ring, etc.).

Valued Contributor

Dooney & Burke - never anything new, but still have 2 hour shows.

Honored Contributor

The products we keep seeing over and over, ad nauseum, are the ones that are QVC’s biggest cash cows. And we’ll continue to see them till the cows come home! 😆 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Can anyone remember when a new product has been on air in the last few months?