New Contributor

Are they cutting back on models? 

Seems every hour there is some kind of replacement. 

Began to notice it with socks/compression socks which I get, but then leggings then bra/panty, then swimwear. Always just some plastic mold on a hanger. And my figure cant fit into a zero. I want to see all sizes wear the clothes. They do alittle better when it comes to like lauriefelt jeans. Or a guest requests models that best fit their designs like multilayers or suit/jackets. Are the models afraid to show skin/curves, or does qvc think we are all 6 feet tall when it comes to tankinis.  Was curious and went on youtube to see the sister stations like qvcuk, and no mannequins. Lots of petite/curvy models like myself, even in lingerie.  just sayin. thank you. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen much about this but I can't understand why the models just stand there.

They don't walk around some.  I'd like to see the back of the garment and how it flows.  Some things on chubs like myself ride up.

I'd like to see how it moves.  Good grief!  If I just want to look at people standing still, I can look in a magazine or on line.

I've also complained before about when they model shoes they just stand still.  

I don't kow about other's but if I was trying on shoes (I wear a size 11 most of the time) I walk around in them.

I can't understand why QVC doesn't show the back of all of the garments and why they don't have the models walk around (especially in shoes).

Have you guys noticed there are older (more established) Vendors who always have some of the older (not in age but how long they've been around) modeling their clothes.

Louis is one of them and so is Dennis Basso.  I like watching them for various reasons but one is I get to see the models I used to watch on QVC.

I miss seeing them.  I don't know why QVC doesn't use them anymore.

I used to enjoy seeing them on Leah's Saturday morning show.  It was fun.  They were good models, comfortable in front of the camera, it was just pleasant.

I don't think some of the models QVC uses now look very comfortable.  Maybe I'm just saying I miss the models we used to see.

Honored Contributor

@christyfuller4.  Are you serious?  There are PLENTY of models.  Some people will complain about anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Too many mannequins

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I haven't seen much about this but I can't understand why the models just stand there.

They don't walk around some.  I'd like to see the back of the garment and how it flows.  Some things on chubs like myself ride up.

I'd like to see how it moves.  Good grief!  If I just want to look at people standing still, I can look in a magazine or on line.

I've also complained before about when they model shoes they just stand still.  

I don't kow about other's but if I was trying on shoes (I wear a size 11 most of the time) I walk around in them.

I can't understand why QVC doesn't show the back of all of the garments and why they don't have the models walk around (especially in shoes).

Have you guys noticed there are older (more established) Vendors who always have some of the older (not in age but how long they've been around) modeling their clothes.

Louis is one of them and so is Dennis Basso.  I like watching them for various reasons but one is I get to see the models I used to watch on QVC.

I miss seeing them.  I don't know why QVC doesn't use them anymore.

I used to enjoy seeing them on Leah's Saturday morning show.  It was fun.  They were good models, comfortable in front of the camera, it was just pleasant.

I don't think some of the models QVC uses now look very comfortable.  Maybe I'm just saying I miss the models we used to see.

@Annabellethecat66 

I prefer for the models to stand still so I can check out the fit and the length....I wouldnt mind if they walked around to see how it looks in the back....But what I CANNOT  stand is when I see the models continuously flex their legs....It looks like they have to go to the bathroom or something....LOL  And one of the big offenders was the petite model that was important for me to see fit and the length of pants/jeans.....thankfully I see other petite models now that stand appropriately..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
New Contributor

I get ya. and also notice same thing with Basso/Louis.

Just nowadays only time I see 'lots' of models is for beauty. 

Need hair for WEN, skin for Josie Maran, and lips for Geller.

Mannequins wont work for those. ha.  

Honored Contributor

Complaints about not enough models modeling socks, compression socks, lingerie and swimwear?  Models afraid to show skin?

What the heck!

Honored Contributor

I noticed fewer models too.I thought it was a cost saver since the q has had so many free shipping and easy pay days.I like the models and could often go without the rep or extra host.