Honored Contributor

Cheap looking to you, but to each his own.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I don't like an arm full of cheap-looking junky bracelets.   Especially the string kind.  Maybe on young girls, but not on 50 something women who, to me, are doing it to look "hip."

I do think the look can work and look great when they look like the pics posted here.

I wear a few string bracelets to raise awareness for Alzheimer's and 4 Oceans.  Many have asked what they represent and order from respective websites.  I am making donations by purchasing and raising awareness by wearing.    

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the string bracelets either.  I don't think it's as bad if you wear just one, but mixing them with metals looks terrible most of the time.  I have seen JT wear one with beads and bangles and chains and IMO, it makes everything look like junk.  There is a way to combine and layer, and she's just not getting it right.

Esteemed Contributor

In my world there is room for all kinds of bracelets...cheap string ones,pretty stretch beaded ones, expensive silver and gold ones.  I have them all and love them all. I wear them alone,together or however I want. The way a person wears jewelry is strictly up to them. IMO.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

Who cares !!HA HA 

Honored Contributor

I can't even make myself wear one bracelet, let alone stack multiples on both arms.   

Besides the bracelets, I really cannot get past such heavy makeup on this host.  

Esteemed Contributor

I ❤️ bracelets.  When I walk into a jewelry store, that's the first thing I want to look at.  I don't mind Jane's bracelets at all.  

Respected Contributor

@colover wrote:

I love Jane Traecy but I must confess I am not wild about all the bracelets she is wearing during her shoe show. I've noticed that on her lately. Distracting and I think they devalue the look. They could all be high dollar pieces but it's too much. I don't like multiple rings being worn either. By multiple I mean 3 of 5 fingers/thumb having rings on. Cheap looking. Again, IMO only!

@colover, I think there is a skill to combining bracelets. When it is done well I think it is beautiful but often I think it looks like they could not decide what to wear.

Super Contributor

Exactly. That's why I started the blog and signed off IMO.

Valued Contributor