Super Contributor

I love Jane Traecy but I must confess I am not wild about all the bracelets she is wearing during her shoe show. I've noticed that on her lately. Distracting and I think they devalue the look. They could all be high dollar pieces but it's too much. I don't like multiple rings being worn either. By multiple I mean 3 of 5 fingers/thumb having rings on. Cheap looking. Again, IMO only!

Respected Contributor

It's been in for a while. It doesn't bother me but putting all them on and then removing them would be a hassle. I like jewelry I can live in. As far as rings go I don't care for big rings on a bunch of fingers. I've seen ladies wearing small rings on multiple fingers and I kind like that look. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Too many bracelets

[ Edited ]

@colover -

Your thoughts make me think of Dolly Parton who has always said,

It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!"Woman LOL

I love her!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I like a lot of rings and bracelets.  But I like gemstone or gold bracelets (or silver).  I don't like bracelets with strings.

I think it's a matter of what the individual likes.  I dress for me...what I like.

People think I'm kidding when I get a compliment and I say something like, "Well I paint it up".  (Waving my hand over my face).

I love makeup and jewelry.  At my age I wear what I want and I don't apologize for it.

It's nice getting compliments but if I don't...that's OK too.

I enjoy seeing people wearing a variety of jewelry and clothes.  

If it looks like someone took a few extra minutes getting dressed, I'll walk by and say something like, "That dress (or color, etc) looks nice on you".  I don't stop, just keep walking.  It only takes a minute to say something nice to someone.

I always admire my youngest daughter.  She's always had the ability to put on a scarf or hat and make what would be an ordinary outfit look especially nice.

I've never been able to do that.  But I do admire people who can do that.  I've seen some pictures of people here who've posted pictures and they have that ability.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  ...... Haven't seen your post for a while. Glad to see you posting.

Respected Contributor

never too many

evine020817.jpg

evineturq0511817.jpg

turqbangles6.jpg

20150105_131613.jpg

london.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg  I fell and broke my vertebra.

What a cluster (you know what).  Leave it to me to thrust myself against the stairs.  Even the Dr said, "It's hard to break the vertebra just by falling".  I said, "I didn't just fall, I tried to get my feet up under me, thereby pushing all this 'chub' against the stair".

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette  They look lovely.  I'm like you in that I like to make the color of the jewelry match the outfit.

I think it's fun to get dressed up.  Especially when you don't have to.  That's what I mean by pleasing just myself.

Honored Contributor

Love your bracelets and your styleSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  ......  I am taking it since your posting you are feeling better. Missed ya (even though we disagree at times). Take care of yourself.