Honored Contributor

Re: Too many 1 item, 1 hour shows

@redhead78 wrote:

Autumn graphics

I agree, the one -hour ,one -product shows are disasterous!

However,  after all of these years, I hardly watch QVC anymore, especially for any length of time, and this is one of the many reasons. At times if I am on my computer I'll have it on for short periods to see what is up because I don't watch other TV shows then.

I prefer to see what programs will be on and select if I need to see any special products.

If you get addicted to watching, it can surely get on your last nerve!

What a cute drawing !!

And no, I'm not watching much either anymore... The one hour shows are the worst, but the repeition and very narrow product mix are also big reasons why, as are the hosts, most of whom have just become annoying.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

So it's come to this.  Stretching out a pillow presentation to one hour to eliminate thinking up new ideas for products.  What do you do then while this is on - your paperwork, read a magazine, take cigarette break?  Come on we can do better than this.

Honored Contributor

I've always thought that the push for the same products over and over, the 1 hour shows on one product strike me as though tptb are simply not buying as much product to sell.

I really can't blame them considering the economy out there.  When I think back to their heyday and when the economy was booming we'd think a TSV didn't do well if it didn't crest 100k sales.... then I really do understand the cutting back on inventory and the push to sell what they have or bring in.  Rarely do they crest 100k sales anymore.  They do, but it's a rare moment   And then... there are the returns.  Unfortunately (at least from what I've been seeing with my own purchases).... I have more returns due to disappointing quality.....  it all plays into it.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I just watched two QVC executives on the Today show acting as judges for a new product presentation segment.  The products were a zipper wax, a foot file device, and a cat rug.  While I watched the presentations I thought which one of these products could they use for a whole hour to present?  The three products did not fit that prerequisite.  I can see now from watching this presentations on Today that QVC looks for products they can show in a longer amount of time IMO.

Respected Contributor

I've always hated those one product marathon shows...........I never even watch them anymore.....Philosophy, Vitamix, and gawd....that WEN story over and over and over..........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HULAGIRL wrote:

I've always hated those one product marathon shows...........I never even watch them anymore.....Philosophy, Vitamix, and gawd....that WEN story over and over and over..........

Right... I know... and they never even change up the brands... It's been the same ones now for what, at least five years or more... maybe closer to ten, or longer. Whatever, way too much for way too long.

Woman Frustrated

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Then you have the opposite, the FFANY shoe show when they spend one minute on an item and before you blink it's on to something else. Somewhere in between is ideal for most viewer/shoppers. 

Respected Contributor

LOL, this complaint is as redundant as the shows.   So yes, as long as people continue complaining, I will continue to tell them to change the channel.

I watch some of ITKWD if football or summer doesn't take precedence.   I still manage to buy a lot of stuff from the site.  I don't even have the channel programmed into the tv.  I pretty much shop here like I do Amazon.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

These one hour-one item shows are among the top three reasons why I hardly watch QVC anymore. The other two, by the way, are declining quality and over-the-top hosts' sales tactics. I don't know whether QVC has a hard time finding enough products to fill the 24/7 programming schedule or whether they've made lucrative deals with certain vendors, but it is a total turn-off for me, literally and figuratively.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sure that when the Q contracts with these vendors, it is written in that contract how many presentations and how much time for these presentations are included...........

I thought home shopping was a hoot to watch back in the old days when items were flying by and if you didn't get it when it was on the air, you were out of luck......people complained then, too.  I do think they've "jumped the shark" and gone in the other direction way too far, but I just watch a lot less. 

I also hate having a vendor guest with every single product..........good grief, how many ways are there to use a lipstick...........oh yes, you can put it on your lips..........how many people does it take to show that????