Occasional Contributor

Tomato Cast Iron Pot - Mary Beth Roe!

[ Edited ]

Mary Beth Roe was on earlier today about 8:30 a.m. And she said she has never seen a cast iron tomato casserole before on QVC. Well I hate to tell you this, but about 15 or 20 years ago I bought a tomato cast iron casserole and a cast iron acorn, and a cast iron garlic bulb shaped casserole at QVC. They are all three still beautiful and I use them often, great decor pieces in kitchen. Now that I live alone, they really come in handy for the small and medium size baking and stove top cooking I need now. At the time they also offered a green pepper and a couple others, but I didn't want so many of them. Wish I would have bought them all. 2 of them has silicone covers in stem colors to match the pot. I paid half the price and I love them. Store my tea bags in the acorn to keep them fresh. So many uses for them. I also bought a huge cast iron red oblong roaster with tomatoes carved out on the lid with 2 tomatoes for a handle that makes the best stuffed cabbage rolls in the world. All these were the "Technique" brand you use to carry. LOVE THEM!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tomato Cast Iron Pot - Mary Beth Roe!

@LadybugLady wrote:

Mary Beth Roe was on earlier today about 8:30 a.m. And she said she has never seen a cast iron tomato casserole before on QVC. Well I hate to tell you this, but about 15 or 20 years ago I bought a tomato cast iron casserole and a cast iron acorn, and a cast iron garlic bulb shaped casserole at QVC. They are all three still beautiful and I use them often, great decor pieces in kitchen. Now that I live alone, they really come in handy for the small and medium size baking and stove top cooking I need now. At the time they also offered a green pepper and a couple others, but I didn't want so many of them. Wish I would have bought them all. 2 of them has silicone covers in stem colors to match the pot. I paid half the price and I love them. Store my tea bags in the acorn to keep them fresh. So many uses for them. I also bought a huge cast iron red oblong roaster with tomatoes carved out on the lid with 2 tomatoes for a handle that makes the best stuffed cabbage rolls in the world. All these were the "Technique" brand you use to carry. LOVE THEM!

I have “Technique” brand cast iron and hard anodized pans. They are excellent quality and I use them daily.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@LadybugLady 

i have those same casseroles.....heavy and so nice to cook in.

i had to have them all after i started with one. i have the tomato, the bell pepper, the garlic bulb, the acorn.

cast iron tomato.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have that pot too!  It is sitting on my stove right now, because it is so pretty.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@LadybugLady I remember those too.  Also some other brands (not cast iron) like TT, etc. had pots in various  shapes--pumpkin, tomato, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the Cook's Essentials cast iron pumpkin pot last year and love it! I've been watching for it to reappear again this year because a friend really wants one, but so far it hasn't come back. (And that may be a good thing since I've been tempted to buy another one and really don't need it.)

Honored Contributor

Did anybody buy Staub cast iron pots years ago? I bought 3 and back then I think they  were around 50 bucks, the Q is selling them now for over 300 dollars.