Contributor

I had one of these:

It is noisy

It's not easy to install

And frustrating to srt up....

Took all Summer to set up and never did get it installed.....hose  would pop in and out of the window constantly....

Bad deal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Todays TSV......NOOOOOOO

We have had ours for going on 7 years and love it. Our bedroom is 500 sq ft and it cools it perfectly. It has never popped out of the window and it went through Hurricane Sandy.

I set it up in less than 5 minutes last week and have already used it once.

We would definitely buy it again.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had many of over the years and would not be without them.  My current one has a/c, heat, and is also a dehumidifier.  The tsv has very high shipping, which probably is because of the weight.  I can pick up one at Costco or BJ's for much less.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago I set one of these up for a neighbor who was having difficulty.

Like poster number two, I found it quick and easy to set up. I guess we all have different talents.

I also worked in a building with four of these (not this model, of course) on each floor (12 total), so I was aware of the general set up and operation.This model on the TSV is much much nicer than the ones I've dealt with. 

Esteemed Contributor

My concern would be that you can't lock the window where the vent is installed. A security issue for many people.

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva, that is also a worry for me, it prevents me from purchasing one for my first floor.  We rarely use the living room and dining room in the warmer weather, but I would like one for my family room.  I just won't put in something where the window has to be open for a vent.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

QVC has hidden the reviews for this TSV.  When I click on the TSV, the reviews popped up the average stars were 3 and I went to read the reviews they were gone.

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

My concern would be that you can't lock the window where the vent is installed. A security issue for many people.

----------------

That was my first thought!!!  Seems that it would be easy for someone to get in the house by knocking that vent part out and push window out of the way...

Respected Contributor

I bought one in 1997 - to save my 2 dogs.... My room was 9 x 9.

I had a thick sheet stapled on my door opening to keep the cooler air inside.... and yes, myself and my 2 dogs remained in there most of the day to get away from the 100+ heat..... 

I didn't care who came in and took anything, to save my pets... I did not have much left after my house fire anyway and my animals meant everything to me. I'd do it again.

Following year I installed a large window a/c as it cooled far better. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

----------------

That was my first thought!!!  Seems that it would be easy for someone to get in the house by knocking that vent part out and push window out of the way...

That's not really a deficiency in the product.  Couldn't the same be said for a window unit?

Or you could go to the hardware store and have them cut a dowel that would wedge into the window to prevent it from being opened.