Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I wasn't impressed; seems it was a JAI day. I was looking for something new and exciting. I sure miss the old jewelry vendors

@Carolina925   I missed the old ones, but also surprised the Generations (?) vendor with cab pieces was not on any shows. I'm partial to cabochon stones over faceted ones.

Honored Contributor

I thought they had some nice things, and as a JAI fan I would never complain that there was too much of it.

I mentioned on another thread that I thought there was too much Diamonique, but I know some love that it's part of the day.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@rms1954   one of the reasons I can’t imagine QVC presentations would improve much if they used vendors instead of hosts and vendors is that most of the vendors say essentially the same lines over and over, year after year.

I know I am watching too much shopping channel when I can predict what I will hear before I hear it, and that is true whether I like what the vendor sells or not.

is that a bad business practice?  Maybe for some viewers, but it must work to sell to more.  I can’t name a vendor of any kind of product that doesn’t have one or more repeated sales lines.   

How easy do you think it is to talk for 5 minutes+ about one item? Could you do it without repeating or saying something that will annoy a listener? Maybe we could be a little more charitable with our comments.Smiley Happy