Contributor

Is it just me, or is today’s silver sale a little lame?  I was looking forward to some new purchases but so far nothing is very interesting.  Might be a good thing for me since I buy too much jewelry from QVC anyway 😊

Honored Contributor

@Lisamartha wrote:

Is it just me, or is today’s silver sale a little lame?  I was looking forward to some new purchases but so far nothing is very interesting.  Might be a good thing for me since I buy too much jewelry from QVC anyway 😊

I think they focused more on JAI cuz it's a huge seller.

Respected Contributor

Looked like a lot of items they were trying to unload. 

Honored Contributor

And I will add if I hear Scott G say that line "like my mother used to say ... ".  I may pull my hair out.

Honored Contributor

I saw a pair of earrings that I like, however I made myself look in my jewel box and behold the too many to count earrings. I just couldn't justify another pair.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

And I will add if I hear Scott G say that line "like my mother used to say ... ".  I may pull my hair out.

@rms1954 I thought I was the only one.  I'm very happy for him that he loved his mother, but I stopped watching because he always had some schtick about his mother or his children.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I actually used to take a vacation day from work to watch BB silver and bought so much.  There were many really good prices and items.  The last few years it has been a big yawn for me.  I think in the last five years I bought only a very few bracelets.   This year I didn't even bother to watch, just looked thru the New and the Items recently on air.  The only thing I saw that I liked was JAI braided bracelet but definitely do not buy bracelets that are adjustable.  I wear a small and that is what I want.  Don't want the chain dangling down.  Very annoying to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was a good day with nice markdowns and variety of styles and price points. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954   one of the reasons I can’t imagine QVC presentations would improve much if they used vendors instead of hosts and vendors is that most of the vendors say essentially the same lines over and over, year after year.

I know I am watching too much shopping channel when I can predict what I will hear before I hear it, and that is true whether I like what the vendor sells or not.

is that a bad business practice?  Maybe for some viewers, but it must work to sell to more.  I can’t name a vendor of any kind of product that doesn’t have one or more repeated sales lines.   

Respected Contributor

I wasn't impressed; seems it was a JAI day. I was looking for something new and exciting. I sure miss the old jewelry vendors