Esteemed Contributor

Today's Special Value Shovel

I was considering ordering a few of these before today's price goes away.  However, after viewing the full presentation with David Venable, they mention the SnowJoe Website where the item is also for sale for the regular price of$29.99.  The Today's Special Value Price is $24.99 (so that's a savings of $5.00) off the TRUE PRICE.  QVC has marked it up by $3.00 more for their Regular Price After today to $33.00 instead of the Regular retail value of $29.99 like it normally sells for on the company's website.

Now here's my question to you QVC: Why would you be charging $33.00 regular price when the Company itself doesn't even sell it for that price?  How greedy can you get?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Special Value Shovel

Is your question rhetorical or do you actually expect a reply? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that myself.... theh price on the website vs the price on QVC after the SV was over.  Doesn't look like they give us credit for knowing the difference.  

In any case the product is not for me.  My shovels are just fine.  I do wonder if the snow is really heavy will the extra piece snap off or bend.  

Trusted Contributor

I thought the shovel as a TSV was kind of strange .  You still have to throw the snow, which is still a lot of work.  And for older people, dangerous.

I would think that Q would have offered a snow blower or the electric shovel which blows the snow. 

Honored Contributor

Not everyone can use a snow blower.  I live in a townhouse.  We have very shallow front yards.  I would be unable to maneuver the snow blower to blow the snow only into my yard.  And it would not be appropriate for me to blow the snow into the street, of course!

Trusted Contributor

They have the smaller snow blowers.  They take up little space and fold up.  I can't remember who had them - it was either Q or HSN.  Much smaller profile.  Really nice.

I don't have to worry about snow removal anymore.  Association takes care of it, on both the sidewalks and street.

Esteemed Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I thought the shovel as a TSV was kind of strange .  You still have to throw the snow, which is still a lot of work.  And for older people, dangerous.

I would think that Q would have offered a snow blower or the electric shovel which blows the snow. 

I have to agree.....and when i saw the demonstration...the gentlemen with using the old shovel put his support hand all the way down to the end of the of the handle pole to the top of the shovel itself....i was thinking...no one bends that far down and holds the shovel shaft just before the shovel blade itself......and even when demonstrating the TSV shovel they were still bending and lifting a decent amount of snow..........................so felt it really wasn't doing that much to improve the shoveling that has to be done....

Honored Contributor

I watched a few non QVC, non SnowJoe youtube videos and ended up ordering 2 of the shovels.  One for me and one for my middle sister.  I'm not expecting a miracle - any stress off my lower back would be appreciated.  I own a snowblower - sometimes I like the exercise of shoveling.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We finally got some snow this morning and I tried out the TSV shovel that I ordered.  I am really glad I bought it - it really spared my back some stress.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I was considering ordering a few of these before today's price goes away.  However, after viewing the full presentation with David Venable, they mention the SnowJoe Website where the item is also for sale for the regular price of$29.99.  The Today's Special Value Price is $24.99 (so that's a savings of $5.00) off the TRUE PRICE.  QVC has marked it up by $3.00 more for their Regular Price After today to $33.00 instead of the Regular retail value of $29.99 like it normally sells for on the company's website.

Now here's my question to you QVC: Why would you be charging $33.00 regular price when the Company itself doesn't even sell it for that price?  How greedy can you get?

This isn't uncommon at retail.  That's why people shop around.  You can find something at one store over MSRP and yet find it 10% under MSRP elsewhere .... 

Some people just prefer the convenience of shopping on QVC and will pay the extra for that convenience.... others will shop around and make sure they are happy with the price.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*