Esteemed Contributor

Reminder: LAST DAY for holiday return purchases to the Q and other shopping channels.

Respected Contributor

And next month they will start the clearances!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Every year I've always just kept things I'd ordered and didn't use, much of it never even opened, etc.

I've given away to friends and family so much QVC (mainly, a few HSN) things I lost count a long time ago except when I go in their houses, I see some of it.

Anyway, this year I made up my mind I was not keeping the stuff.  I've been taking so many things back it's crazy.  

When I send something back it always has all of the original labels (plastic) you name it with it.  Often never even opened.

It's crazy with the clothes because none of my friends (or family) is as fat as me (XL - 1X), so brand new would go to Good Will usually.

I'm so proud of myself this year.  Just yesterday I took the final thing back to the post office.  It was a 5' Christmas tree I'd bought for a family member who'd passed away.  Normally, I'd have kept it and not returned it, It'd never even been opened.

Anyway, here's one thing I found out.  I'm not very good (or organized) so I don't pay much attention to the refunds.

I started noticing I was only getting maybe $7, $5 or something in my bank account listing refund.  Just about everything I buy is on easy pay.  I figure I don't really need it and this way I usually turn around and will return the clothes (always) within a few days or maybe a week or two.

I asked customer service about these small refunds and here's what I found out.  I guess most of you know this but I didn't.

So when you buy something on easy pay (even if (over time) you've paid for it by then, they return the money the same way of your easy payments.  In other words each month you are refunded say $7, $5 or whatever the easy payments were, UNTIL you are paid back.

What a nightmare trying to keep track of your money refunded!  I know I'm not good about explaining it, but I think you guys understand.

Like I said, I buy a lot of QVC stuff so it's crazy trying to keep track of all of these few dollar refunds here and there and on and on!

Live and learn.  No more!  You see I usually just order things automatically (not human contact), because it's easy.

What is it they (whomever THEY are)?  "An educated consumer is the best customer".

It's just business, I understand that.  I also understand it is/was up to me to understand the rules, well, now I do.  I'm paying off all of those easy pay things and not dealing with this anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Reminder: LAST DAY for holiday return purchases to the Q and other shopping channels.

@queendiva ..... I had one item that had to be returned ... I mailed it via USPS on Monday 1/29/18 .... hopefully that was OK .... does anyone know if the return has to be mailed back by 1/31/18 OR does the return have to be back in the hands of QVC by 1/31/18?.. .... I am so confused about this!! THANKS!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@January121: the returned item must be postmarked by today, 1/31.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Every year I've always just kept things I'd ordered and didn't use, much of it never even opened, etc.

I've given away to friends and family so much QVC (mainly, a few HSN) things I lost count a long time ago except when I go in their houses, I see some of it.

Anyway, this year I made up my mind I was not keeping the stuff.  I've been taking so many things back it's crazy.  

When I send something back it always has all of the original labels (plastic) you name it with it.  Often never even opened.

It's crazy with the clothes because none of my friends (or family) is as fat as me (XL - 1X), so brand new would go to Good Will usually.

I'm so proud of myself this year.  Just yesterday I took the final thing back to the post office.  It was a 5' Christmas tree I'd bought for a family member who'd passed away.  Normally, I'd have kept it and not returned it, It'd never even been opened.

Anyway, here's one thing I found out.  I'm not very good (or organized) so I don't pay much attention to the refunds.

I started noticing I was only getting maybe $7, $5 or something in my bank account listing refund.  Just about everything I buy is on easy pay.  I figure I don't really need it and this way I usually turn around and will return the clothes (always) within a few days or maybe a week or two.

I asked customer service about these small refunds and here's what I found out.  I guess most of you know this but I didn't.

So when you buy something on easy pay (even if (over time) you've paid for it by then, they return the money the same way of your easy payments.  In other words each month you are refunded say $7, $5 or whatever the easy payments were, UNTIL you are paid back.

What a nightmare trying to keep track of your money refunded!  I know I'm not good about explaining it, but I think you guys understand.

Like I said, I buy a lot of QVC stuff so it's crazy trying to keep track of all of these few dollar refunds here and there and on and on!

Live and learn.  No more!  You see I usually just order things automatically (not human contact), because it's easy.

What is it they (whomever THEY are)?  "An educated consumer is the best customer".

It's just business, I understand that.  I also understand it is/was up to me to understand the rules, well, now I do.  I'm paying off all of those easy pay things and not dealing with this anymore.

I think you may have misunderstood the process. When you return an item and use their label, they deduct the label fee and the original shipping fee (if there was one) from your first easy pay. Therefore, your refund is probably very small. The other easy payments are automatically removed from your balances going forward. You only need to be concerned about your refund. I hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@January121: the returned item must be postmarked by today, 1/31.

@queendiva ..... THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@queendivaI don't think it makes a huge difference for a few days, especially with all the bad weather. But they always tell us that we have a 30 day return. So to me we can decide in 30 days.