Respected Contributor
Have you ever considered listing the forums in alphabetical order?

Just àskin:...
Honored Contributor

I'm sure there's a method to their madness.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm sure there's a method to their madness.

More likely a madness to their method.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I've wondered that myself!

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they list the most popular things sold or the things they hope we will notice first?

Or maybe not.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Why?  Most of us are used to the list just the way it is.  If they alphabetize it now, I'd never be able to find anything.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Re: To the Powers-That-Be

[ Edited ]

Some people, especially young ones, never noticed that the world normally runs on ABC - 123!

Surprising since computers sort that way!

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Why?  Most of us are used to the list just the way it is.  If they alphabetize it now, I'd never be able to find anything.

I suspect you're smarter than you think you are and you'd do fine. :-)

Respected Contributor

@Zhills   Computers only sort that way if programmed to  do so.  

The organization I worked for for  thirty-five years  before retiring needed to replace an antiquated database that had been in use for more than twenty years; it could no longer be "tweaked" at all.

The replacement program seemed good until  I was the first one to notice that when a string of names came up after typing in an individual's name,  such as Smith, John" the programmers had alphabetized the resulting list by FIRST name.  Very unhelpful to me on a live call with a disgruntled caller trying to find her records quickly.  

Nobody involved in the testing, including our managers across the units, in our massive department had spotted this.

The  company that created the  package had to fix it  immediately.   I'll never understand  how not one of the programmers didn't know you alphabetize by the last, or surname, not the first.

Guess they had seldom, if ever, used  a paper file, an index, or a library card catalogue to retrieve information.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

Re: To the Powers-That-Be

[ Edited ]

You are so right!  Somebody programmed it to sort the wrong column of information.

Can't understand the reasoning behind the one on QVC's sight!

I sometimes name my files "A-recipes" or "X-meds" so they will sort where I want them to be when accessing my Documents.  Just for me!

Actually, ABC is default with computers, someone programmed it to it differently (sorted wrong column).