Esteemed Contributor

To exchange or not to exchange?

I really want to exchange my LUG TSV bag for a different color (which appears to be in stock at this moment). Given all the issues with returns, hosever, I'm hesitant to try for an exchange. I have never tried to do an exchange. Does anyone know of a way to expedite the process....so that a successful exchange would be more likely?

Respected Contributor

Re: To exchange or not to exchange?

It usually takes a while for the exchange, I have done exchanges with HSN,  called the CS dept, told them my plan to exchange a item and they went ahead and took my new order info and sent it to processing so it would be on it's way. I repacked the item I was sending back with the return label attached and gave it to USPS the next day. I received my exchanged item in a reasonalble amt of time. You may want to contact QVC CS to see if they follow the same procedure

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 - Yes! Use the QVC Easy Returns Program:

Qeasyreturns.png

Edited to add: I can't seem to make the image any larger; you can also obtain these details by going to https://www.qvc.com/content/information/customer-service.html and clicking the button to "SEE MORE" under "Returns & Exchanges."

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc Thank you for posting this! I appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 

For an exchange, you need to think about your color and style may not be available when QVC receives your exchange.

USPS will pick up your package, but another much slower shipper will pick up your package at the post office.  That shipper is very slow.  Said earlier, one of my packages sat in my post office for 11 days before that shipper picked it up to take to QVC.  It might take 3-4 weeks before QVC receives it or makes the exchange.  By then, QVC might sell out of the product or your color.  

You can send it yourself by using USPS or UPS, but for that size box, it could get costly.  

When I really wanted something, I placed a new order to make sure I would get what I wanted sending back the one I didn't want as a return. You will be paying QVC for shipping twice, and $6.95 for the return label, though. Depending on QVC's shipping price, that could be around $15 in total shipping costs.  Is the handbag worth it to you?

Someone here filled you in on how you can get your refund back sooner for returns by using Easy Returns, but that doesn't apply to exchanges because a refund is not involved.  QVC does not charge extra shipping for exchanges.  

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 - You probably won't have a problem if there are plenty left. I've exchanged some things. Nine times out of ten I get a refund. The item is in stock when I mail it back, but not when QVC receives it.

Almost all of mine have been clothing, so the sizes are in and out of stock. I quickly learned if I really want something just order it again when it shows in stock  and pay the resulting S&H charges. If it's not going to break my heart if I don't get it I just take a chance and send it back for an exchange.

One time I ordered an upcoming handbag TSV. I wanted it specifically to take on a special trip. It wouldn't be presented until I was on the trip. It came a few days before we left. Not only was it a return, but it also had a large pen mark across the front! I was so disappointed. I called CS and the rep assured me they would send me a new one right away, and send it by express. I could send it back when I returned. The bag didn't come in time, but it was there when I got home. I still carry it. I thanked CS for doing everything they did, but the first one should have never been sent out. I should have received a brand new one!

Good luck with your Lug!   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee - Although the name of the program mentions "returns," if you see step 3 in the program details, you can select an exchange instead of a return. I have done this twice and was able to quickly and easily get an exchange sent on its way to me at the same time I was returning the original items—once for a new item to replace one that was defective and once for an item in a different color.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Foxxee - Although the name of the program mentions "returns," if you see step 3 in the program details, you can select an exchange instead of a return. I have done this twice and was able to quickly and easily get an exchange sent on its way to me at the same time I was returning the original items—once for a new item to replace one that was defective and once for an item in a different color.

@loriqvc 

Nice to know.  Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

I have used the QVC Easy Returns 3x now and each time, my exchange was received VERY promptly.

I will NEVER take the chance of sending it back and hoping my size/color will still be there!

I emailed.  Received a response by the next day...and my reorder was already showing in my order status.

Sent orig back using the label...USPS picked it up for free.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Sometimes, I go ahead and order the color/size I need and then return an item. That way I'm sure I get the item. Yes, not considered an exchange and shipping involved. It depends how badly I want the other item.