Valued Contributor

Re: To QVC Customer Care: My contentious conversation with Live Chat about a delivery that's late.

@Nomore wrote:

@gardensla

I understand what you are saying. A written policy should be stated in clear, concise terms. 

Funny, I have an item ordered on Sep 19, too, and it is still in process. No sign of it being ready to ship (like the cancel button goes away).  I dread making a call to CS because the person probably won't know why.

I may be wrong, but I perceive this to be more than just about the policy.  It's more about how the CS rep handled the chat, and clearly showed a lack of basic customer service skills, then did the equivalent of "hanging up" on a customer if this had been a phone call.

How many of us like to inquire about a purchase, then be cut off abruptly?  When companies treat customers in this way, it leaves a bad taste in their mouths.  Even if the CS rep wasn't willing to do anything for @gardensla , the minimum the rep could have done was been polite!

Valued Contributor

Re: To QVC Customer Care: My contentious conversation with Live Chat about a delivery that's late.

@sam96 wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

@gardensla

I understand what you are saying. A written policy should be stated in clear, concise terms. 

Funny, I have an item ordered on Sep 19, too, and it is still in process. No sign of it being ready to ship (like the cancel button goes away).  I dread making a call to CS because the person probably won't know why.

I may be wrong, but I perceive this to be more than just about the policy.  It's more about how the CS rep handled the chat, and clearly showed a lack of basic customer service skills, then did the equivalent of "hanging up" on a customer if this had been a phone call.

How many of us like to inquire about a purchase, then be cut off abruptly?  When companies treat customers in this way, it leaves a bad taste in their mouths.  Even if the CS rep wasn't willing to do anything for @gardensla , the minimum the rep could have done was been polite!

@sam96

I did not read the exaxt online transcript, only gardensia gave a synopsis of what was said, and I believe her about how CS treated her.  I didn't need to comment on the CS abruptness because I wasn't there and it is a roll of the dice when it comes to CS.

Valued Contributor

@Nomore agreed...and you shouldn't be dreading your own call to CS! As customers this shouldn't be something that is potentially dreadful...just a simple task.  One that we don't expect to have a possibility of having a high probability of a negative interaction, which seems to be more common these days.  Of the 3 calls I have had to make in the past few months, 2 were unpleasant. 

I truly hope hope yours goes well! 😊

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@gardensla 

First of all my apologies for not receiving an empathetic and understanding response from our Live Chat team. If you would like assistance on the order you mentioned (or for that matter any other issue) please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will be happy to assist you!

Beth 

Customer Care

@gardensla, look, a QVC moderator wants to helps. Sorry if things didn't go well for you on your order. I know you said that the policy didn't specifically say 7 to 10 business days, but most companies do that now.

If you ordered on the weekend and then a holiday came up, that tends to throw things off. Add to the fact that the item may not ship out immediately and/or the item is shipping from the vendor, and it really may take a while.

But anyway, hope it works out for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

@sam96 wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

@gardensla

How many of us like to inquire about a purchase, then be cut off abruptly?  When companies treat customers in this way, it leaves a bad taste in their mouths.  Even if the CS rep wasn't willing to do anything for         @gardensla , the minimum the rep could have done was been polite!

I have called customer service (not the chat service) multiple times and always had courteous service.

When I order something from QVC it is nothing urgent.  It comes when it comes.  I ordered something from Amazon over a week ago and it still hasn't come.  If there was something I needed that badly I would pay for the express shipment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I have the transcript which had a cut and paste of the shipping policy. It does NOT say "business days"

I noticed just now it does.

Guess my whining made them clarify.

I think complaining is helpful. For sure, I won't bring it here, next time. 

"Clarify" or state the obvious? 

I'd say state the reality and totality of the pollicy, which is precisely what should always have been stated... Nothing is 'obvious' to everyone, and any professional operation needn't leave anything up to individual interpretation. Besides, it seems the big bugaboo here isn't so much the shipping time as the perceived rudeness of the on-line 'helper' and that the helper either quoted a policy that wasn't exactly stated or misquoted a policy altogether. 

I'd agree that these days many of us are quick to jump on the 'slow shipping' or 'your policy says' bandwagon, not just with regard to QVC, but overall and I'd have to concur with those who don't feel any shippping refund is due the OP at this point, but as she's said, it seems her thread is more about the demeanor of the live chat representative, who should not have ended the exchange as she supposedly did. In my experience, the better ones wait for the customer to disengage.

Personally @gardensla, I hope you continue to bring your concerns to the forums. I know I plan to, because doing so appears to be the most solid mechanism for having them addressed. Clearly, someone at some other level, not fellow posters, can decide whether a concern is worth following up or not.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I have the transcript which had a cut and paste of the shipping policy. It does NOT say "business days"

I noticed just now it does.

Guess my whining made them clarify.

I think complaining is helpful. For sure, I won't bring it here, next time. 

"Clarify" or state the obvious? 

I'd say state the reality and totality of the pollicy, which is precisely what should always have been stated... Nothing is 'obvious' to everyone, and any professional operation needn't leave anything up to individual interpretation. Besides, it seems the big bugaboo here isn't so much the shipping time as the perceived rudeness of the on-line 'helper' and that the helper either quoted a policy that wasn't exactly stated or misquoted a policy altogether. 

I'd agree that these days many of us are quick to jump on the 'slow shipping' or 'your policy says' bandwagon, not just with regard to QVC, but overall and I'd have to concur with those who don't feel any shippping refund is due the OP at this point, but as she's said, it seems her thread is more about the demeanor of the live chat representative, who should not have ended the exchange as she supposedly did. In my experience, the better ones wait for the customer to disengage.

Personally @gardensla, I hope you continue to bring your concerns to the forums. I know I plan to, because doing so appears to be the most solid mechanism for having them addressed. Clearly, someone at some other level, not fellow posters, can decide whether a concern is worth following up or not.

If you are an upright walking, adult human being with a credit card and the capability to maneuver and shop QVC, then you should have the basic knowledge that shipping on weekends, Sunday in particular, is limited to none.  What's next, are we going to see little notes engraved in the soles of Clark's Foortwear that say, "Warning - Do not walk into oncoming traffic"?  Sorry, but to me, it is obvious, and I think it's also careless to encourage people like this to continue being some sort of pioneer for those who lack basic common sense.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk I don't think it is whether or not an item is needed urgently or not, it is a matter that the shipping and handling HAS significantly slowed down in the past several months.  Yes, they are charging less for it but now it is traveling at the speed of a snail.

And CS representatives are supposed to be helpful, not antagonistic.  I haven't used the livechat function, I usually call if I have a question and most of the time, I have had good results.

Personally, based on the way S&H is handled at QVC, if I needed something urgently, I would order it from another company.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow Peter so nasty. Its not up to the consumer to interpret stated policies. Until they changed it yesterday the shipping policy said nothing about weekday/weekends. It simply said 7-10 days AND the EDD for the order I was concerned about was 10 days from date of order, not adjusted for weekends. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Wow Peter so nasty. Its not up to the consumer to interpret stated policies. Until they changed it yesterday the shipping policy said nothing about weekday/weekends. It simply said 7-10 days AND the EDD for the order I was concerned about was 10 days from date of order, not adjusted for weekends. 

Geez, If I'm "nasty," I'd hate to think what that makes you.  I can't imagine why customer service would hang up on you in the chat; you're just so charming, and smart, too!