Honored Contributor

Re: To QVC Customer Care: My contentious conversation with Live Chat about a delivery that's late.

@PeterDM wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I have the transcript which had a cut and paste of the shipping policy. It does NOT say "business days"

I noticed just now it does.

Guess my whining made them clarify.

I think complaining is helpful. For sure, I won't bring it here, next time. 

"Clarify" or state the obvious? 

I'd say state the reality and totality of the pollicy, which is precisely what should always have been stated... Nothing is 'obvious' to everyone, and any professional operation needn't leave anything up to individual interpretation. Besides, it seems the big bugaboo here isn't so much the shipping time as the perceived rudeness of the on-line 'helper' and that the helper either quoted a policy that wasn't exactly stated or misquoted a policy altogether. 

I'd agree that these days many of us are quick to jump on the 'slow shipping' or 'your policy says' bandwagon, not just with regard to QVC, but overall and I'd have to concur with those who don't feel any shippping refund is due the OP at this point, but as she's said, it seems her thread is more about the demeanor of the live chat representative, who should not have ended the exchange as she supposedly did. In my experience, the better ones wait for the customer to disengage.

Personally @gardensla, I hope you continue to bring your concerns to the forums. I know I plan to, because doing so appears to be the most solid mechanism for having them addressed. Clearly, someone at some other level, not fellow posters, can decide whether a concern is worth following up or not.

If you are an upright walking, adult human being with a credit card and the capability to maneuver and shop QVC, then you should have the basic knowledge that shipping on weekends, Sunday in particular, is limited to none.  What's next, are we going to see little notes engraved in the soles of Clark's Foortwear that say, "Warning - Do not walk into oncoming traffic"?  Sorry, but to me, it is obvious, and I think it's also careless to encourage people like this to continue being some sort of pioneer for those who lack basic common sense.  

Well, @PeterDM, it would seem you have your point of view and others have another point of view... For some of us, it isn't about the shipping, it's about the tone of the on-line exchange. That said, as far as it goes, some entities do ship on Sundays and deliveries are clearly made on Sundays. I've received several... If neither is part of the equation, then say so up front and avoid any potential confusion. You know, among those walking upright or not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: To QVC Customer Care: My contentious conversation with Live Chat about a delivery that's late.

@gardensla

I just wanted to let you know when I called about an order today, the person wasn't rude, but not pleasant either, I felt like they were hurried and disinterested. I said thank you for solving the problem and then the person hung up, no your welcome or have a good day, or even asked if I needed help with something else. CS used to say something like this when I called before. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@gardensla

I just wanted to let you know when I called about an order today, the person wasn't rude, but not pleasant either, I felt like they were hurried and disinterested. I said thank you for solving the problem and then the person hung up, no your welcome or have a good day, or even asked if I needed help with something else. CS used to say something like this when I called before. 

That's too bad... They've almost always been cordial and asked if there was any other help they could provide.

With those in the corner offices cutting further into call center staff, as has been reported, you have to wonder how CS will be impacted. Probably not for the better. It's really a shame to see current management gutting a once lovely shopping venue on so many levels.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Just passing some time away and came upon this post so I thought that I would add my two cents in on this. I have to be very honest I have never ever had a problem with getting orders from QVC and that includes big items like big screen TV's to the smallest item like perfume. My orders always arrive within a few days of ordering. Even I am suprised how fast things are delivered. Sorry you had this problem.

Trusted Contributor

Just browsing the forum as well, I thought I would chime in, too!  While I haven't had an issue with QVC, I'm currently going through an unpleasant situation with JTV.  I purchased a pair of earrings online that were shipped on the 20th of Sept.  The last tracking update was on the 23rd.  No movement whatsoever.  To this day there hasn't been any movement.  I'll spare everyone the details but when I called to discuss how to file a claim for a refund I got the most awful, rude, condescending person on the phone.  It takes A LOT for my jaw to drop but this woman was so rude I was at a loss for words.  I wasn't rude to her, I was pleasant and just wanted some information.  She kept interrupting me so I finally blurted out that if she would let me get a sentence out I might be able to get the info I need.  I told her I didn't understand why she was being so hostile.  Her response?  It's not our fault you never got your package ~ what do you want me to do about it, m'aam?  Well, my money back would be nice, right?  Long story short, it will be a cold day in you-know-where when I shop with them again.  The point of my story is when you're treated poorly by someone who is employed to help and answer your questions it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  At the end of the day, it's all just "stuff" and this too shall pass.  Just treat me with respect ~ especially when I've treated you respectfully.  Wish me luck... 

Esteemed Contributor

I have said Good Bye to QVC forever, after dealing with the lack of Customer Service I have received since November of 2014!  Yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back.  I wrote to Customer Service over the several concerns I have had over the last year from packages being lost somewhere between QVC and UPS and never arriving at my doorstep (3 times in the last few months), being charged return shipping charges after I received another customers order and sent it back, and being lied to by a CS representative about a refund to my account when in reality she never refunded my account at all, and the list goes on and on.  Yesterday I contacted CS and laid out all the problems that I have been having and was told that they would e-mail the appropriate department regarding my concerns, I told the CS rep that I been down this route before over concerns and was never contacted by "The Department" and she told me that when concerns are brought to their attention "The Department" is sent a copy of the e-mail but they never contact the customer, HUH?  First of all what department are they referring to, and why are they not contacting the customers to validate their concerns?

I realize that QVC is a HUGE company and receive many concerns each and every day but when a customer has valid, documented evidence of multiple problems with the way QVC is conducting business the CS clerks should NOT just brush us off, or worse insult us.

I have been shopping with QVC for a long long time, CS used to be Top Notch but I hate to say they are no longer worthy of making this statement!  Prices have sky rocketed on many many lines, YES they dropped the shipping charges but the return fees is ridiculous one recent item I retuned the 1st Easy Payment installment was $19.90 and I only received $7.02 of that back, and shipping times have become a joke, if the package is sent out UPS almost every time it is then forwarded to the local post office which on average takes an additional 2 days to be delivered, I would rather pay higher shipping charges and receive my product in the 7-10 days they quote.

I am really sad about my decision but I deserve more respect than I have been shown in the last year by the CS clerks, there are so many other shopping channels out there and on line stores that will respect me as a customer something QVC seems not to want to do.

AGAIN, I know that I am just one of many many many customers that QVC has and that not every concern can be addressed personally but PLEASE go back to CS training 101 and let the CS staff know that insulting and being rude to any customer is not acceptable, and that if this department does not improve I will not be the only one leaving QVC!