Honored Contributor

Re: To Be a Fly on the Wall at QVC Host Meetings.....

@151949 wrote:

I am rather certain these meetings are more to introduce new products and let the vendors educate the on air staff about what they are selling. After all, they have to get out there and discuss something for a pretty long period of time so they need to be prepared.

If that's the case, some hosts are either not paying attention, sleeping, or skipping the meetings, because there are threads every day that so-and-so a host was clueless and/or utterly disinterested about such-and-such a product being presented.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

They'll probably sit around the table with bottles of wine. Laughing about some of the things they have to sell.  I wonder if they draw straws to see who gets the nasty vendors.  When there all done with the QVC wine don't forget they have to try it. Leaving the meeting all happy and giggles they go to wardrobe get dressed by then who cares what they are wearing or selling.   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I am rather certain these meetings are more to introduce new products and let the vendors educate the on air staff about what they are selling. After all, they have to get out there and discuss something for a pretty long period of time so they need to be prepared.

If they are being introduced to new products...then the meetings have to be far and few between...seeing as they only show five products hour after hour...day after day...week after week...month after month....since Christamas in July...and even into December....

The products have been so repetitive that all of us could present the product even without attending the meetings...

Honored Contributor

They probably make snarky remarks about the viewers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I bet you're right!

Valued Contributor

I often wonder how often the hosts are reviewed for their performances. Do they have to watch tapes of themselves to see where to improve?

Im guessing they must since my previous jobs dealing with public had opportunity for feedback and critiques

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

@151949 wrote:

If they are being introduced to new products...then the meetings have to be far and few between...seeing as they only show five products hour after hour...day after day...week after week...month after month....since Christamas in July...and even into December....

The products have been so repetitive that all of us could present the product even without attending the meetings...

Ding-ding-ding-ding... We have a winner... More true words were never spoken.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

And they should feel free to do so.

I mean, for however long there are still viewers...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Do you think they talk about the forum posts??? I do!!!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Same old thing.........keep telling the viewers they are about to sell out and you will be a LOSER if you don't buy NOW.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥