Honored Contributor

To Be a Fly on the Wall at QVC Host Meetings.....

I've wondered what it would be like to actually know what the hosts are told to do on air and how they are fully rated in their performance (besides sales of course).  The hosts often say they have staff meetings nearly every day.  How many of those meetings entail corporate mantras like -- "That 2-hour show is your sitcom, be the STAR!"  "This is your Emmy performance, make them remember you!"  "Stand Out - Be Unique even if it's Jarring!"  "They've GOT to talk about you on social media, good or bad -- just Keep Trending!"   I'm sure I'm exaggerating, but I cannot help but think that some of the hosts have been given actual direction to keep up their wild, over-the-top pitch, or edgy [subjective] fashion sense, based on the direction they've actually been given.   

Honored Contributor

Re: To Be a Fly on the Wall at QVC Host Meetings.....

You know they always say that you don't want to see how the sausage is made, well I'm sure

that the meetings would ruin that  " QVC Family " nonsense. LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I am rather certain these meetings are more to introduce new products and let the vendors educate the on air staff about what they are selling. After all, they have to get out there and discuss something for a pretty long period of time so they need to be prepared.

Super Contributor

It would be interesting.  I was an Executive Assistant for more than 30 years so I would like to know how difficult it is to do all the scheduling for the vendors and on air coverage. Sometimes I wonder if the hosts get extra for working with difficult vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure Corporate has told them to use the phrase:  'this is your opportunity to get this'  blah blah.  Jacquie Gonz says that constantly as well as others.  It started about a year ago -     this is your opporunity............(to turn the channel)   LOL

Super Contributor

@fthunt  Yes and also comfy cozy, perfect for apple picking, etc.  Now it's cabin chic.  lol.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they are ever encouraged to use resources out there for studying new words to use during their presentations. IMO Lisa Mason was one of the best at using new words and phrases.
Esteemed Contributor

I've always wondered if they see the product line-up and say "OMG! I've got to sell that? Or "no, not another one of those!" ......or "oh no...you mean I've got to wear THAT TSV! I'll look terrible in it!" LOL

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine when the hosts were introduced with Poo-pourri?

A toilet on set...

poo-pourri-never-leave.jpg (500×333)

Respected Contributor

No interest in behind the scenes meetings.