Respected Contributor

Re: Tired of seeing Host in Pjs

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I don't care what the hosts wear on the air. What rankles me is when they say, "We are dressing more casually these days", or something similar.  No, "WE" are not. They might be, but many of us prefer not to schlump around in PJs or leggings, but rather get dressed every day even if we don't go anywhere. Maybe the reason so many people are having such a hard time with the train wreck that this year has been is because they don't bother to groom themselves or put on clothes other than pajamas or stretch pants. How you take care of yourself has a lot to do with how you feel. We can't control what is happening now, but we can control how we deal with it.

@Buffalogal47  I absolutely agree with your statement.

I have NEVER dressed in the outfits I am seeing on the hosts for the last few weeks. I am probably dressing better with the onset of the virus than I did before. Taking the extra pains with my clothes, hair and makeup makes me feel better and more in control. 

I don't care what they are selling, they look totally unprofessional in my opinion. 

Frequent Contributor

QVC is on a slippery slope.  Same shows over and over, host in pj’s and stupid knit hats. 

You still have a few host who dress and looks professional and  sells the products.  some host are so silly and unwatchable.  One host is so silly and  brags she is a xxx small.  Gushing and asking for compliments.  QVC  prices are too high and the quality is off.  I don’t see QVC lasting if they don’t offer more offers at a reasonbile prices.  Who can pay 50.00 for a blouse?  

Regular Contributor

To all who say the the hosts are "just wearing what they are selling", please remember that when it's time for swimsuits!! I saw Jane show photos of herself at her pool a couple of year ago wearing a D&C swim dress & I've seen Kristin? in one, I think. But VERY few have shown themselves live on air in swimsuits. Now I don't watch Q that much any more so I may be mistaken. Pls fell free to correct.

Respected Contributor

But years ago when QVC sold hours of swimwear they had multiple models in the studio. Now they don't need any models in the studio to wear the blankets with sleeves while QVC observes social distancing rules. When swimwear selling season commences, it won't take much to convince Kerstin to wear a 2 piece bathing suit, she has multiple photographs of that on Instagram.

Respected Contributor

@bootis wrote:

QVC is on a slippery slope.  Same shows over and over, host in pj’s and stupid knit hats. 

You still have a few host who dress and looks professional and  sells the products.  some host are so silly and unwatchable.  One host is so silly and  brags she is a xxx small.  Gushing and asking for compliments.  QVC  prices are too high and the quality is off.  I don’t see QVC lasting if they don’t offer more offers at a reasonbile prices.  Who can pay 50.00 for a blouse?  

Which one?  Aren't there several hosts who CLAIM they are XXX-Small?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@harrahslady   No, it's not just you.  Just because they're selling pjs doesn't mean they need to wear them.  As for casual dressing.......there are plenty of good looking casual outfits.

I remember when "casual Friday" first started.  It meant that men would wear a collared golf shirt and khakis instead of a suit.  Except, that concept quickly deteriorated into cutoffs and flip flops. 

These individuals are representing their company.  Business casual attire, with hair and makeup done, would be better, imo.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

That comfy is ridiculous and hideous! It's worse than the Snuggli which was bad enough. QVC is selling a lot of silly items. 

Respected Contributor

WOW!!! Who could ever believe that wearing pajamas makes the hosts so disliked!!  

They are just salesladies---NOT fashion runway models.

I would bet that all the millennials and Gen Z who moved home with the parents due to the virus are not dressing up--and maybe the Q is hoping those younger generations will be the new audience of customers.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all, the hosts would not be dressing in p.j.'s and knit caps, if the shows producers and Q management, didn't approve and more likely, instigate it! 

Secondly, I have never seen a host looking like a slob!  I think the p.j.'s are relaxed and cute, and I have no problem with it.  

They are, indeed wearing p.j.'s, and caps, in shows, where they're selling them. I suspect, the vendors don't find them ridiculous, and love, having the hosts, give their product, lots of exposure! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven Yes, I agree with you ... there are 2 hosts in particular that always have the knit hats on ... they both look redicilious!!!!!