Occasional Contributor

Re: Tired of hosts and vendors saying-----

AMEN to that.  

Valued Contributor

You will live in it! 

Honored Contributor

"This is the green, but it really is more of a blue."  "This is orchid, but it really is more of a hot pink."

Occasional Contributor

Fortunately, my pet peeve had a pretty short shelf life compared to most.  It was "colorways." I first heard it on Evine, then to my horror it bled over to HSN and QVC, and suddenly everyone was saying it all the time.  It must have annoyed more people than just me because it disappeared for the most part within about a year. But for that year it was like fingernails on a chalkboard every time I heard it.  "Colors" has served us well for decades, and I was happy when it was back.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this phrase has already been mentioned, but how about:  "It's worth the price of admission".

Valued Contributor

I never watch anymore ...always the same stuff and the hosts drive me crazy!!
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Well, is someone's asking, I'll add my two cents....Ummm...I hear "buy as many as you want".  Really?

Incidentally, I'm terrible about saying, "you guys".  I know I use a lot of slang.

I don't know what I'd be like if I had to talk for 3 hours straight and have to filter every word that came out of my mouth BEFORE I said it.

I don't think I'd do a very good job.  I'd get fired after the first 1/2 hour (if I lasted that long).  My guess is they make the job look easier than it is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annabelle--they're supposed to be experienced professionals. Of course none of us could do as well--we're not trained and preapred. They supposedly are.

Trusted Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Here's the thing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Mary Beth says that, I gag and turn off off the tv; gets on my very last nerve.