Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tired of hosts and vendors saying-----

Cathy can barely speak complete words, example  ka in for cotton.

Mary Nelson sounds like she is going to burst into tears with every word.

Everything that comes out of Shawns mouth and

goodness knows what Amy is ever talking about.

Really miss those other hosts.

Respected Contributor

Yes, that sounds real accurate !! No way !!! And my family is just bold enough to tell you "What was you thing " That color looks horrible on you !!Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I heard a good one on there once , you would spend that much at the grocery store. Woman Surprised 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic  Haven't seen any host with that ruler for a long time.  Was nice the way they would measure the stone in a ring, etc.  The ruler even had "QVC" on the back and the camera always came in close so we could see the exact measurement.   That was helpful.

Frequent Contributor

I am appalled when they tell you “the price to get it home”rather than the actual price

Honored Contributor

"Absolutely!"

It seems everyone is saying this all the time!

Its like a word gets popular and then becomes the only word used to express every thought!

And above the mason dixon line -you are "you guys"

below it you are "you all" (transplanted northerners living now in the south)

"y'all"-true born and bred southerners

(never to be heard from a former northerner)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I think I'm just tired of most hosts and vendors.  I don't watch nearly as much as I used to watch.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

ONLY order of the year !!!!! Constant count down to how many items are sold almost interrupting the sales pitch every minute to give the count. I know it won't stop but it is irritating to me.

---------------------------------

No almost about it....  it is such a pet peeve of mine.  And it is the oldest trick in the sales trade.  Count the number of products so frantically that the viewers/buyers think that they need to make an order immediately or they will not get their item before a sell out!!

@corita wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

ONLY order of the year !!!!! Constant count down to how many items are sold almost interrupting the sales pitch every minute to give the count. I know it won't stop but it is irritating to me.

---------------------------------

No almost about it....  it is such a pet peeve of mine.  And it is the oldest trick in the sales trade.  Count the number of products so frantically that the viewers/buyers think that they need to make an order immediately or they will not get their item before a sell out!!

I agree.  Also, David giving us the numbers left of blue, red, etc. constantly.  And wasting time having a staff person come in and remove the sold out item.  Then he has to rearrange the display.   Would rather they use the time to present some new and interesting items.

Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood,

Thank you!  Misusing the word fabrication drives me up the wall!  

Reading all these posts makes me realize why I rarely watch the Q, and the less I watch the less I buy! 

Regular Contributor

When an item is fairly expensive & the host suggests you "buy multiples" for mom, sister, daughter,neice...like we are made of money! Also "here's the thing"