Respected Contributor

Re: Tired of hosts and vendors saying-----

I don't think anyone mentioned my pet peeve.........."UM".

There is one host who will constantly say "um" during the presentations. After many, many years of being on air, you would think that they could do just one presentation without uttering that dreaded "um". Nope. 

Super Contributor

There is one host, AS, who stretches her words and sentences out constantly!!!  NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! VERY,VERY ANNOYING!!! So I fix the situation, turn her off..... So I really understand.......

Respected Contributor

"We're giving you......"   No, we are paying for everything.

Terrible speech and incorrect pronunciations.  These people are public speakers and should be held to a higher standard.

"This is so wearable."  What does that mean?  I should be able to wear it.

"Dress it up or dress it down."  Really?

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Summer Shine wrote:

For the beauty shows...” if in doubt go with Medium! “ and “the secret sauce “ Gross!

@Summer Shine

I am very fair, so medium would NEVER work for me.  And I'm sure not for many other people also.

Hyacinth

Contributor

Run to your phone !

Esteemed Contributor

My three "favorites" (in addition to many already listed above) are:
•"I can now tell you..." - as if there's some secret about how many items are
   being sold when there's often a ticker at the side showing the inventory count
•"I just live in this" - as if we don't see the hosts/presenters virtually every day to
   test that claim
•Describing something as "whisper thin" - rarely true and rarely helpful

I also hate the increasing prevalence of answering questions with "100%" as an answer, but that's not just at the Q. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

One word......AMAZING!

Trusted Contributor

@Licorasy wrote:

LOL.  You must have been listening to Lisa Rinna.  Every other sentence was "easy breezy".

I liked the old school hosts who did not speak nonsense.  I miss Lisa Mason so much. Love watching Mary Beth.

Here's the thing!

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh reading these sayings -- I recognize all of them!  They don't bother me at all, I see them as quirks and pitfalls of having to sell products for hours at a time, over & over again. 

Except...

I really like Amy a lot, quirks and all.  I'm just in total amazement when she stretches out her words for emphasis, as others have already pointed out.  I just don't understand that one bit.  I admit, that makes me cringe for a moment.

But the #1 statement that does in fact bother me a lot is in the beauty presentations.  When the vendor or host says, "don't over-think it, when in doubt go with Medium.  The shades are very forgiving."  1st: not every woman can come close to wearing medium or any shade on either side of it.  2nd: even if that was a close shade for me, do I really want to be walking around with something on my face obviously not my complexion/shade?  I always feel like they are really saying, "just buy it dummy, I'm trying to make a sale here!"

Valued Contributor

I read that there's such a thing as, "hate watching."  It was used to describe those who don't like Rachael Ray but watch her anyway.  

"I never changed, I just learned."