Honored Contributor

@MrsStephenson wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

My suspicion is, and has always been, that either QVC actually owns the line outright, or that David has a major investment in Temptations.

I know you made this post back in march, but I thought it was interesting because I was thinking the same thing.

@MrsStephenson.   @PerkupI suspect you're both correct.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I think there is a place for Temptations although I do not see what is so special about it except for the price.  You get what you pay for.  You cannot even begin to compare it to Polish Stoneware that was carried years ago.  However, Polish Stoneware was many times the price, hand-painted in Poland by Artisans.  Temptations is mass produced.  I ordered it once (a serving piece) for a gift and could not believe the sloppy painting.  After having Polish Stoneware from Zanger I sent it back.  Of course it was very inexpensive hence the difference in quality.  For someone starting out it is perfectly fine or someone on a limited budget, but can never be compared to Polish Stoneware from Zanger.As in anything on the Q, if it sells well it will be on over and over until their customers have enough of it and stop buying.  I think they have gone a little overboard with turning it into everything in the kitchen, not just dinnerware.  Tara doesn't bother me; she is there to sell and she apparently does a very good job of it.

What you're paying for with good Polish Stoneware is the actual make-up of the clay and how it's fired.... then the artisans, etc.  There is a world of difference in the clays that are used for this kind of product.  That's why the gorgeous Irish Porcelain (Beleek) is so sought after....  as well as Irish Pottery. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I don't think it matters whether I'm tired of it or not as long as thousands and thousands of customers are not.

I bought a two-piece set years ago and I love those bakers.  I just never nedded or wanted more, so while I occasionally glance at the Temptations offerings if I am watching ITKWD I more often use that time to finish up something in the kitchen or to change my bed or....

But even if QVC brought in a different a different vendor with different dishes, I'd probably do the same thing  I just can't imagine something changing so radically in the dish world that I'd be tempted to buy more dishes.  Right now half of my trunk is loaded with kitchen items on their way to the thrift shop.  I can't even explain why I ever watch a kitchen show!

Honored Contributor

I don't know who owns Temptations, but I do know that the poster who claims that either QVC owns it outright and/or that David Venable has a financial stake of some sort is a poster who has always posted very negative things about this host.

So I suspect that that was really the point of her post regarding ownership.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland