Respected Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

I actually like the Temptations that I have!  I don't have a beef with Tara's presentations.  How's she suppose to act, she's trying to sell her product? 😕

LOL, maybe she should file her nails or something?

I like mine as well, none has broke, chipped or crazed.  I'd buy more but I have no room.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

I thought we could leave comments and thoughts.  We do not all have to agree.  Change your name to Pollyanna.

Respected Contributor

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

I thought we could leave comments and thoughts.  We do not all have to agree.  Change your name to Pollyanna.

And we can equally reply.   LOL  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
New Contributor

I agree with you,  Two pieces of my bakeware have cracked while baking in the oven.  

Respected Contributor

I have never liked the look of Temptations myself, so I have never bought any. I have happened to tune in once in a while and have seen chips on some pieces when the camera comes in close, so it can't be great quality. To my eye, the designs are just dated and retro but not in a good way. 

Honored Contributor

I never liked the Old World pattern so I did not purchase any until the polka dots showed up.  I was all excited and ordered a baking set - then I started seeing postings about lead and then breaking in oven.  I used the large baker once and was so nervous it would break I decided it was not worth it.  Next donation to Goodwill the Temptations went.

Respected Contributor

I think there is a place for Temptations although I do not see what is so special about it except for the price.  You get what you pay for.  You cannot even begin to compare it to Polish Stoneware that was carried years ago.  However, Polish Stoneware was many times the price, hand-painted in Poland by Artisans.  Temptations is mass produced.  I ordered it once (a serving piece) for a gift and could not believe the sloppy painting.  After having Polish Stoneware from Zanger I sent it back.  Of course it was very inexpensive hence the difference in quality.  For someone starting out it is perfectly fine or someone on a limited budget, but can never be compared to Polish Stoneware from Zanger.As in anything on the Q, if it sells well it will be on over and over until their customers have enough of it and stop buying.  I think they have gone a little overboard with turning it into everything in the kitchen, not just dinnerware.  Tara doesn't bother me; she is there to sell and she apparently does a very good job of it.

Trusted Contributor

I miss Polish Pottery.  I do purchase it when vendors show up at Costco usually once a year. 

I also have some nice bowls from Italy and Portugal.

I was disappointed when Lidia B. sold ceramic pieces on the Q all made in

China.  She lives part time in Italy, and I would think she could find a source

to provide lovely pieces to sell on the Q.  Of course we would have to pay more,

but rather than these tremendous sets, a few quality pieces would be nice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of Temptations?

[ Edited ]

I don't like Polish stoneware or Temptations, they're both too "busy".  I have dinnerware by Dansk and it had dozens of accessory pieces available.  I've acquired bakers, casseroles and large bowls..  It's a simple white with a turquoise and brown stripe on the rim in a pattern called Mesa.   It doesn't chip at all and I've rarely broken a piece.  I've been using it for 30+ years.  I use a few hand-thrown pieces from a potter in Santa Fe just for a little variety.

Now that's good stoneware!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

My suspicion is, and has always been, that either QVC actually owns the line outright, or that David has a major investment in Temptations.

I know you made this post back in march, but I thought it was interesting because I was thinking the same thing.