Honored Contributor

@Mimix5Grandies wrote:

I know one thing.....I'm sure tired of hearing Tara say, "WOW!" after every time a color sells out!

LOL  Like she's surprised TT is so popular.  It's a strange reaction, that's for sure.

Contributor

Im afraid I have to agree with writers feeling temptations is not the quality we are led to expect.  I have purchased a few items & found painting and even the color of the blue in floral lace to not always be the same shade.  I purchased a round bake piece & when I bake cinnamon rolls (pillsbury ones in the tube ) in it after a few uses the crazing (that cracking look, ugly) was all over the inside, so I contacted the temptations co. & was told they would replace it but I had to pay the return shipping & also the new shipping charge, seems to me when it does not measure up to theoriginal claim they should simply replace it.  I also think that Tara is a smug little thing, seems very uppity with everyone except David.  I quit ordering any of it.

Respected Contributor

Your suspicion, I believe, is correct.  I think QVC has a vested interest not only in Temptations, as well as Graver, Logo, GILI, D&C (of course), & I'm thinking Quaker too.

Respected Contributor

@Giggles Too wrote:

Your suspicion, I believe, is correct.  I think QVC has a vested interest not only in Temptations, as well as Graver, Logo, GILI, D&C (of course), & I'm thinking Quaker too.

They have a "vested" interest in anything that sells.  If it wasn't selling they'd get rid of it in a heartbeat.  They're not showing stuff if it  doesn't sell.

Look at how often they have Keurigs, Vitamixes, and other stuff.  Surely everyone owns one right?   Apparently not.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Frequent Contributor

I was glad to see your post @Silver Fox1. I really like her stuff too. I look forward to every Sunday. I know Tara & David will both be on. 

Frequent Contributor

Really?! "Not trying to be ugly"? Thats exactly what your doing. I'll never understand you ppl!!! If you don't like it, then don't watch!!! I mean seriously, its that easy. Why would you spend your time being soo ugly? Do you have nothing positive to say? Are you that petty & bored in your own life? Wow. I feel sorry for you?

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of it either......too 'busy'for my taste ......but when it comes on, it gives me the chance to take the dogs out to potty without missing much in INKWD.......

Trusted Contributor

I have been tired from Temptations since they first cracked in my oven many years ago.

Frankly, I think the line has been done....for a long time. When I saw there were Christmas ornaments this past season...please. Stop it.

Honored Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

I love temptations, I used a lot of bakeware over the years and hands down I thinks it's the best.  It's hand painted, so of course the pattern won't be perfect.  As for Tara she seems like a very nice person.  Gosh so nasty - lighten up already

There has been a lot of talk about Temptations on these boards..... and there's good reason.  Many of us have experienced "pottery failure" when cooking with them.  I bought one small set years ago when it first came to Q.  I had a baker crack while cooking and when I lifted it out of the oven (350) the thing broke and I had hot cassarole all over the place.  

Threw it away and haven't bought any more.  I started purchasing Gloria's Polish Stoneware (also on the Q at that time.... The Zanger Company) from then on.  Since then I've learnd a lot about quality clay, firing and even glazing.  

Regarding hand application:   The pieces I buy are hand sponged and precise. Hand application doesn't mean it has to be sloppy, uneven and looking rushed.   I now have a service for 10 now plus all kinds of bakeware and coffee mugs in Polish Stoneware.  In 15 years of collectiong I've NOT broken or chipped even one and I've accidently banged the edges on the edge of my counter prior to putting them in my dishwasher, each time stopping my heart for a second......

I think that Temptations are pretty but just be careful and be aware that there have been incidents of ovens at reasonable temperatures cracking the bakeware.  Not being ugly, just giving a warning and being realistic.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

My suspicion is, and has always been, that either QVC actually owns the line outright, or that David has a major investment in Temptations. Clearly he and Tara are great friends and neighbors. QVC treats Temptations in the same way they treat Susan Graver, whose line I am sure they own. I also feel this is the case with LOGO NOGO. It's overkill IMHO. But since I don't watch ITKWKD, I only see it on Carolyn's shows or clearance offerings.

I don't hate Temptations, but don't love the line either. Don't care for Old World or Floral Lace. I have some holiday items that I use from Christmas through February, and a few "pumpkin things I use around Halloween and Thanksgiving..  But I do not cook in them - just use for serviing and decorations.  I much prefer my plain Pyrex and white Corning Ware. I feel food looks much more appetizing in a plain container, rather than having to compete with decorated pieces.

I also believe that Temptations is a QVC product as well........

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*