Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of Capitol One pop-ups!

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

Kachina264, please tell me how to do that. I need that sort of guidance!

@insomniac2 

First try this---

If you are on a laptop at the top of the screen where you see the website address you will see a padlock in the upper left hand corner. Click on the lock and it should say POP UPS AND RE-DIRECTS, theres a box that says ALLOW and change it to BLOCK and see if that works, but be forewarned sometimes pop-ups are needed to perform certain functions on a website, so if something doesnt work properly just click the padlock and change it back to ALLOW

OR If you use Chrome as your browser on Windows and are on a laptop in the upper right hand corner click the 3 dots....then go to settings, on the left hand side click PRIVAY AND SECURITY, then scroll down to SITE SETTINGS, scroll down until you see POP UPS AND RE-DIRECTS,  theres a blue button beside the word ALLOWED, move the button to the left and it should say BLOCKED, close your browser and re-open one and see if that works...

Or as people said there's ADBLOCK....When I was browsing the internet websites the pop ups got so bad, I added AdBlock (theres a free and also a premium version) google adblock for more info.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”