Honored Contributor

Re: Throwback to Feb 2012 the Lisa Robertson show first promo

Their fan bases are only people who actually watch QVC.

Lisa never made me feel like I was shopping at Neimans or BG or anywhere other than QVC.  LOL

She's really caught up in promoting a high-end lifestyle.  It comes off as shallow.

She had a beautiful home and now it's cluttered with fake backdrops and it looks like a pretend studio. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

If anyone is curious, I did a search for Lisa Robertson Youtube videos 2012, and the one the OP references is just the 22 second opening of the LR show back then.

I am not sure how anyone can truly think the OP is LR.  LR knows how to write and spell.  The OP has so far not exhibited those qualities.

Which would be a good way/attempt to throw people off the/her track.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Lisa never made me feel like I was shopping at Neimans or BG or anywhere other than QVC.  LOL

She's really caught up in promoting a high-end lifestyle.  It comes off as shallow.

She had a beautiful home and now it's cluttered with fake backdrops and it looks like a pretend studio. 

• Actually Lisa's business is the most current way of shopping as she is a very strong influencer.... the major difference between her and other influencers is that she is going out and choosing products she loves to sell.  People are becoming multimillionaire and close to billionaires selling their own products on YouTube and Facebook.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

• Actually Lisa's business is the most current way of shopping as she is a very strong influencer.... the major difference between her and other influencers is that she is going out and choosing products she loves to sell.  People are becoming multimillionaire and close to billionaires selling their own products on YouTube and Facebook.

@hopi.  I don't see how she finds new customers. It seems she only has that core following from QVC which I think is pretty small. She does her chats on Facebook. How does she advertise?

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm going to disagree strongly about Q hosts, all of them, past and present, being labeled as "just" sales people (which by the way is insulting to sales people).

They are television personalities, however small.  Due to that, they do develop a fan base.  A few current hosts have rabid fan bases.

I agree with you on this.  I've been "just a salesperson" and it's a hard job.  As much as I like to snark on them, I think they have a difficult job to do.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

She's only selling to the Tribe.  Nobody even knows how much inventory she has or how many she actually sells.  

Infuencer?  I don't think so.  I think an Influencer is someone who has a relationship with certain vendors to "influence" people to buy their products.  That's not really what she's doing.  

She's not going to be a millionaire or a billionaire selling thoes "treasures" to the Tribe.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

She's only selling to the Tribe.  Nobody even knows how much inventory she has or how many she actually sells.  

Infuencer?  I don't think so.  I think an Influencer is someone who has a relationship with certain vendors to "influence" people to buy their products.  That's not really what she's doing.  

She's not going to be a millionaire or a billionaire selling thoes "treasures" to the Tribe.  

EXACTLY!! And if you've ever read comments and those who are actually purchasing from her, it's always the same handful of people. Lisa is doing everything just to meet the bare minimum these days. Notice the inventory just doesn't move like it used to and she only has a dozen or more of the quantities to begin with. Her house she once loved to show off is now just a cluttered mess and has become a warehouse for all the "treasures". Don't be fooled by the few sold out signs either. LR plays tricks with those signs and pulls items if they're not selling only to revisit the said item at a later date to make you think she got new inventory.

She should no longer wonder why her items are mainly still sitting on her website now unsold. Her things are way overpriced. ONE of the many examples that have been talked about on different forums is those snow globes by CoolSnowGlobes. Google those items on Amazon or even the snow globes website itself and LR's are always more money for the same product AND LR charges S&H whereas Amazon and other places are Free Ship. LR is spinning her wheels and slowly more & more people are catching on to her tactics. The lighted canvases she likes to sell are also found elsewhere for much less. Not sure why certain people don't do their homework first before shopping from her site. You are definitely paying more! LR prices are in no way competitive. 

Respected Contributor

I feel bad for the people who are not doing any comparison shopping.  LR was selling popcorn bark: 2 tins for $44.  However, if you go to the website of the actual seller, each tin is $16.95.  LR is selling their popcorn for $29 a tin, while the actual seller is offering it on their site for $22.50!  Quite a markup just for popcorn.  I can only imagine what all the other stuff she sells is marked up. 

I wonder how long her tribe can support her?  I do notice her items are not selling out as quickly as they once did.  I would bet there was not a huge inventory for the ones that do. 

Also, what I don't understand is if she is such wonderful friends with Judith Ripka, Leslie Blodgett, etc. etc., why they don't offer their products on her site?  It would look good to have some name brands in her inventory.

Valued Contributor

Does she really refer to her fans as "the tribe"?  LOL

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giddy up wrote:

Does she really refer to her fans as "the tribe"?  LOL

@giddy up, she sure does! It cracks me up too!! LOL. They really tout themselves thinking they're in some elite club.