Honored Contributor

Re: Throwback to Feb 2012 the Lisa Robertson show first promo

If anyone is curious, I did a search for Lisa Robertson Youtube videos 2012, and the one the OP references is just the 22 second opening of the LR show back then.

I am not sure how anyone can truly think the OP is LR.  LR knows how to write and spell.  The OP has so far not exhibited those qualities.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

If anyone is curious, I did a search for Lisa Robertson Youtube videos 2012, and the one the OP references is just the 22 second opening of the LR show back then.

I am not sure how anyone can truly think the OP is LR.  LR knows how to write and spell.  The OP has so far not exhibited those qualities.

If it's NOT LR, it could be one of the FLUNKIES that work for her - Nancy or Katie.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@JONNYSBRO

That brought a smile.  Totally forgot about that dress.  Think it was desgined especially for her and it was so beautiful they made it in another color.  She does look "amazing".  Lisa did bring so much style and class to QVC and when she left....... it went with her.

I love that dress she was wearing in that video, @hopi.  She really looks good in it.

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Lisa does not know how to write or spell. Nor does she ever, ever check her posts for errors.  She sounds like a tween who has yet to learn how to write or describe without repetition of word fillers (absolutely, absolutely or beautiful, beautiful).  When she was under the guidence of QVC, she had direction pumped into her eardrum.  She doesn't have that anymore and it is very apparent because she uses the same fillers ad nauseu and says absolutely, absolutely nothing to excite imagination.

Respected Contributor

How can we be certain that Lisa can write and spell? Has she personally written to you?

Super Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

How can we be certain that Lisa can write and spell? Has she personally written to you?

It's all over her Facebook page.  Proof positive is in her replies as well as descriptions to the pictures and selfies she posts on a daily basis.  Vocabulary, grammar, spelling, and syntax are not Ms. Robertson's strong points.  There is no need to know her personally to see the obvious.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

OP were you ever actually in Neiman Marcus, Bergdorfs, etc.? 

Lisa never made me feel like I was in any of those stores.  Lisa made me feel like she was selling stuff on a shopping channel.     

I was just about to say the same thing.  No matter who has ever hosted, including the hosts I liked, I never once felt that I was doing anything other than watching a home shopping channel.  

Also - Lisa represented both NYC and the Hamptons inaccurately.  Many times it was actually laughable.  I certainly never got a Madison Avenue vibe from any of her presentations. She was just a host selling things on TV.

Honored Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Lisa does not know how to write or spell. Nor does she ever, ever check her posts for errors.  She sounds like a tween who has yet to learn how to write or describe without repetition of word fillers (absolutely, absolutely or beautiful, beautiful).  When she was under the guidence of QVC, she had direction pumped into her eardrum.  She doesn't have that anymore and it is very apparent because she uses the same fillers ad nauseu and says absolutely, absolutely nothing to excite imagination.

I don't get all the anger about LR.  Nevertheless, the writing style of the OP is dramatically different from the style of writing shown on LR's Facebook posts.   

I only infrequently look at her posts (basically only when reminded by these threads), but I never see any misspellings or any of the sort of style used by this OP.  I see no connection if you only go by writing style.  But whatever you believe is your own choice.  

Using words two or more times is not at all the same as what the OP is doing.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Lisa was a salesperson, nothing more.  She'd say anything to get people to buy.  She's not my friend, idol, or anything other than someone who was hawking products to earn a living.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to disagree strongly about Q hosts, all of them, past and present, being labeled as "just" sales people (which by the way is insulting to sales people).

They are television personalities, however small.  Due to that, they do develop a fan base.  A few current hosts have rabid fan bases.