Honored Contributor

Re: Throwback to 2005 when Carolyn Gracie became a full time host

Boy, times surely have changed.  Can you imagine them doing that now?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

When times were simpler...☺️ I've always enjoyed Carolyn and wish her well. Thanks for posting!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this for us. I remember when Carolyn, Antonella and Dave were trying out and eventually they were all hired.   I am so sad that this has happened.  Carolyn is the best.  Not just a great host but a great human being.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes Carolyn, Antonella and Dave James all were in the same training class. The 2000s of QVC were a great era. It was post Kathy Levine but the network had grown into a bigger company but not crazy huge. There was still creative freedom and it was before QVC had gotten too big. I also think back then new host trainees had to be a trainee for 6 months and if they passed they were extended an offer as a full time host. Jacque Gonzales referred Carolyn as they knew each other from radio. From this video u could see how down to earth Jacque was.
Trusted Contributor

I meant Carolyn being down to earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Boy, times surely have changed.  Can you imagine them doing that now?

@Kachina624   No I can't because back then the Employees were Family.  Today they are just a number.  It is sad how it changed!

Valued Contributor

That was so sweet! I can remember those days when one host sat behind a desk and 

presented each item well, measuring and showing the gallery of rings. Wish they would be that thorough again. Sorry to see her go. I hate change.

Trusted Contributor

Ballet i truly think they want the 18 to 34 demo. They want a younger demo. They are giving Courtney K, Julia, Amy Stran all this airtime. I think pairing Julia with Gary is to test a younger demo. QVC was much more of a family then. Doug Siegel was still heading the network. It's completely changed now.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO You are so wrong it's funny. There's not a teen alive who watches Q. My 20 something granddaughter wouldn't be caught dead shopping at the Q.

Wake up.

Super Contributor

@JONNYSBRO Thank you for posting. That is very touching. Carolyn was so happy & so pretty. She was definitely one of my favs. I can no longer watch D&C on Tuesdays except out of curiosity for a few minutes & then no more.