Honored Contributor

Re: Three years ago today was Lisa Robertsons final show at QVC

Yes, I remember her final show.  Not as grandly as OP remembers....lol  LR wore a lot of amazing gowns during her QVC time and that was no different but at the end, it was just a QVC show selling stuff.   I remember it because I was so sure that LR was moving on to something big and grand and spectacular.  I remember thinking that she wouldn't leave QVC if it wasn't for something much better.  The woman loved the limelight!   Alas, that never happened.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yes, I remember her final show.  Not as grandly as OP remembers....lol  LR wore a lot of amazing gowns during her QVC time and that was no different but at the end, it was just a QVC show selling stuff.   I remember it because I was so sure that LR was moving on to something big and grand and spectacular.  I remember thinking that she wouldn't leave QVC if it wasn't for something much better.  The woman loved the limelight!   Alas, that never happened.  

Hey; not just anyone can sell krap off the couch in their living room you know.  Oh wait; maybe they can....

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa left? 

I don't remember her final show. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Obsessed to the point of scary.    It is an entertaining read though, LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

I see now why Smokey and Panda left the boards.   Sad

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

This is supposed to be an LR gush posts only and celebratory one. Just to remember one of the most memorable goodbyea in QVC history. She created pop culture phenoma on home shopping tv. She gave viewers the ability to fantasize and what it would to live in your elite world. When i think i think of Lisas last episode the song that plays in my head is Thats Life by Frank Sinatra.

@JONNYSBRO- LOL!  I've always had my suspicions, but this post confirms it.  You really do just love winding people up, don't you, and you've found the perfect "topic" to do it.

Well, I suppose it's a pretty harmless hobby and you must enjoy all the reactions you elicit.  I can picture you there, LYAO as you read them.  (For the record, I'm afraid I didn't see the show, so I can't comment.  It's a hardship, but one I must bear.)  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

LOL, LIsa a cultural icon?  I don't think so.  Outside of home shopping, most people wouldn't know or care who she was/is.  What do I remember from her last show?  I remember what a farce it all was.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

LOL, LIsa a cultural icon?  I don't think so.  Outside of home shopping, most people wouldn't know or care who she was/is.  What do I remember from her last show?  I remember what a farce it all was.

I agree with you 100%.  She's not an icon in any way.  She was good at her job, became overly impressed with what she perceived as her own stardom, and is now selling from her living room couch.  She hasn't accomplished very much in any area, and - as you said - she's hardly known at all outside of home shopping viewers.  (And most of those who didn't discover QVC until after she left don't know who she is and don't care.)

Her last show was pathetic, not at all what it had been played up to be.  Just another sales show with a fake party going on in the background.  It's TV sales, which is all about illusion.  Giving it any more weight than that is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

Three years is 1000+ dayS in the words of Frozen - LET IT GO

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

3 years--time to move on.  Can't understand why there are so many posts since she is no longer a QVC employee.