Super Contributor

Re: Three years ago today was Lisa Robertsons final show at QVC

Well, looking at how the merchandise and the staff has changed, yeah, I think they probably should lower the flag to half staff. AND BEG AND PLEAD FOR LISA TO COME BACK. 

Honored Contributor

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

Well, looking at how the merchandise and the staff has changed, yeah, I think they probably should lower the flag to half staff. AND BEG AND PLEAD FOR LISA TO COME BACK. 

She was Old School. Neither QVC nor HSN (now joined at the hip) want Old School hosts going forward. They have an entirely different outlook on who and what they want their hosts to be and Lisa is no longer it.  There’s no point or need for Superstar (in their own mind) hosts.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well,  @JONNYSBRO will be heartbroken to have missed this!

I was about to turn off my TV an hour ago and somehow ended up seeing a "Paid Programming" bit.  Leeza Gibbons talking about some beauty product that was going to be miraculous.

Turned out to be Dr. Denese and next thing I knew, I heard a comment about someone who'd been a QVC host for "years" and there she was - LR in the flesh!  Saying that she has only used Dr. Denese's products for the past 14 years and giving her age as 50.  She did look good, so maybe I should get back to using Dr. Denese myself.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

What do I remember about Lisa's final show? I remember she didn't want to leave. She seems to show such resentment and bitterness even till this day whenever she mentions the former place she used to work for.  When somebody leaves a company on good terms, people just don't tend to talk that way about their former place of employment.  And Lisa has been mentioning a lot lately about when you leave a company you really notice the difference between who your friends are versus who your friends are only when you're making them money. I really don't believe Lisa has all the friends that some people think she does.

Lisa had no idea what she was going to do after she left QVC. The only reason why she has the business that she does right now is because obsessed fans made it that way. Let's face it, Lisa has the term tribe because again the fans named it that and Lisa ran with it. The fans tell her what they're interested in so she goes out and looks for products and sells it to them. If you notice on her page it's always the same people who post and shop. Soon those people will hit a brick wall and either have too much stuff or run out of money. Lisa is a no name without those who knew her from Q. She does not attract new customers. 

@iTalia....I like Lisa alot and have purchased only a few home decor items from her.  I love them, but I do shop around and get the best prices possible for whatever I want or need.

I do not want or need any jewelry or clothing (which lately has been wraps/ponchos).  But, I think many of Lisa's items are outrageously over priced and would never pay that much money for them no matter who was selling them.

I have noticed in the past 2-3 weeks that her sales have declined.  I don't know if it's because people are buying elsewhere or that they already have purchased things for Christmas and don't need or have the money to spend anymore.  

I noticed that she had a Christmas light item that was made out of PAPER and you put it over a lamp bulb for $39?  First, who wants a paper decoration and for that amount of money?  I mean, QVC had Lenox figurines (made of porcelain) and 24kt. gold that lighted up marked from $66 down to $32 and that was an excellent deal.  She really needs to rethink some of her items and also the costs or else things will not be selling well after the new year.  I do wish her the best, though.

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:
I confess to recently watching one of her chats nothing to do with her wares. She had Doris from (Doll 10) and Scott from (Jay jewelry) over it was entertaining lot's of LOL moment's. She made an intrestring and true comment though you find out who your real friends are, they're those that only cared how much $$$ she made them. Then the real one's she did leave the Q with some true friends.

Any way it was hilarious and of course Nancy in the Christmas Tree costume. I had tears from laughing lol.

She must really have an issue with this or it must really be a sore spot for her.  She has mentioned this a number of times.   

@Lipstickdiva @Westshopper

This is just speculation but in something I read in one of those financial rags said they thought that Leslie Blodgett, Dr Denese or other CEO's of companies that did business with the Q would hire LR and give her a fantastic position and with it an enormous salary.....when they didnt materialize and the offers didnt roll in I wonder if this is why LR keeps making that remark....people she thought were her friends didnt come through with the offers.............

I just wonder how much quantity of each item she has in inventory....and if what she sells even pays for all these overseas trips that LR and her entourage take..........

I dont wish Lisa ill, I enjoyed her as a host, dont plan to buy a thing from her, definitely never was nor will be "a fan"...she was a great sales person that's all, good luck on her endeavor....But I wonder if he had higher hopes of bigger and better offers...............

@Spurt, my take on her “friends with influence” is:  They may be her personal friends (as in, they like her for herself) or they may have really liked her as a host professionally presenting their goods, but that doesn’t translate into affording her indefinite rounds of special offers, price discounts and video couch chats.  This especially when you consider that her business, i.e. how much custom she could bring them through her website, is very small potatoes compared to department stores and other large retail, plus their own existing websites. No one is going to make money from “helping” her.

She had “help” from Leslie Blodgett, Dr Denese, the Tatcha woman and others for at least an entire year, in some cases a year and a half, with goodies, videos, etc. No one’s going to do that forever for no gain, “friend” or not.

It sounds from her comments as if Lisa is an entitled brat who thinks she should be handed all the “help” she could ever need, forever.

I do think she truly believed she would get a high-paying status job immediately she left, where they would give her carte blanche - name her salary, name her hours, taking off whenever she wanted too, etc. i think she was knocked on her rear when that still hasn’t occurred three years later. As she loses the herd, she will fade into...a much reduced income. Or working Evine or the Liquidation Channel.

Not certain who posted with respect to the financial “rags” article.  If you’re referencing a periodical, publication, quarterly report, etc., as they are normally referenced, I’d be interested in knowing where you might have read such an existing article. That is not the type of comment one would find in any serious financial publication. 

I’d be more than interested in reading the article though.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Its funny when Lisa left everyone waa like oh she will be back. Jane Treacy tried to launch her own biz ot website when she left but she didnt have the following, capital and social media didnt exist. Leslie Blodgett CEO of bare essentials said that Lisa was one of the biggest dynamos she met. For Lisa to return to a shopping channel it would have to be a big offer. Shes very strategic in doing whats smart for her.

Odd considering they don't appear to be friends anymore.

In a recent chat with Doris Dalton, Lisa mentioned the friends that stuck by her and the friends who were only friends because Lisa made them money.

Anyhoo, I wondered if she was referring at least partly to Leslie with that statement since their friendship cooled so quickly after Lisa left.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I don’t think anyone can say for certain whether Leslie is still a friend or not.

I posted a link over a year ago here of Leslie and her sister reconciling. Some YouTube bit they had taped.  I would just surmise she has, as many relationships do, concentrated on other people and things in her life.

Leslie keeps busy with her family now, travels extensively, runs marathons. It would seem her priorities have changed.

No matter what may have occurred, speaking about anything so publicly, in my opinion speaks more to the individuals speaking out of school than it is a reflection on those who may cease to be a part of Lisa’s life.

Circumstances  change and so do people.  Time for them all to move on.

Super Contributor

I agree with you @shellgarden regarding the grossly overpricing of most of her items. Those lighted canvas pieces she was offering? I found everyone one of them on line for exactly half of what she was selling them for! Every single one of them was exactly what she was selling and no bargains from her at all! I have also noticed that her sales have been declining. I mean for real? How many ponchos does one need??? She is, in my opinion, the most narcissistic, self absorbed and greedy person I have ever seen. Sorry Tribe but you’ve all swallowed the bait and over did it on her KoolAid!
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

This is supposed to be an LR gush posts only and celebratory one. Just to remember one of the most memorable goodbyea in QVC history. She created pop culture phenoma on home shopping tv. She gave viewers the ability to fantasize and what it would to live in your elite world. When i think i think of Lisas last episode the song that plays in my head is Thats Life by Frank Sinatra.

@JONNYSBRO

Sorry, you don't get to dictate that, that's not how forums work.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

The thing is people say oh Lisa is selling from her couch its called she is her own boss making her own profits. The thing with leaving QVC Lisa is smart she knew she had the followers on social media, she had extreme vendor connections and she had capital. She made alot of money on QVC. So thats why she created her own biz instead of going to another shopping channel where the line could have failed and the networks micromanage and take profits. GILI is almost celebrating 6 years at QVC it was a phenom when launched it sold out like hotcakes. Lisa is such a perfectionist that the last TSV she did with GILI the motorcycle jacket went back so many times because Lisa was a sticker. The name GILI she thought of and yet QVC reaped all those rewards. I think any of the shopping channels wouls jump at bit to have Lisa back on air and its just would be a hard deal to sign with the list of criteria she would want. Its slso smart she has a year and half under her belt that way if she does a shopping channel she will be more prepared for big success.

@JONNYSBRO

Unless you are LR/her empoyee/her family, you can't possibly know that this is accurate.

Unless you're a mind reader......or have a crystal ball.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.