Honored Contributor

Re: Three years ago today was Lisa Robertsons final show at QVC

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

The thing is Lisa is labeled a diva becauae to land her at any home shopping channel it would be a very expensive deal. Lisa would want a say so in everything from the hosts she would be working with, to the sets and profits of what she woild get. Lisa is a tough negoiator. I mean u can obviously tell that. Shes a business woman.

A business woman? I think Lisa is a very fine person but highly lacking in business savvy. Her ship has sailed and sadly it reminds me of the film "Sunset Boulevard," someone desperately clinging to youth and losing it with each passing day.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

The thing is Lisa is labeled a diva becauae to land her at any home shopping channel it would be a very expensive deal. Lisa would want a say so in everything from the hosts she would be working with, to the sets and profits of what she woild get. Lisa is a tough negoiator. I mean u can obviously tell that. Shes a business woman.

And she “tough negotated” herself out of the highest-paying gig she’ll ever have and onto her living room couch. Great going...NOT.

She’s labeled a diva because she’s not worth what she wants and the more time passes the less relevant her name is anywhere - thus a vicious circle where she’s “worth” less and less as each month goes by. She can diva all she wants to, and/but at a certain point it gets laughable.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

A business woman? I think Lisa is a very fine person but highly lacking in business savvy. Her ship has sailed and sadly it reminds me of the film "Sunset Boulevard," someone desperately clinging to youth and losing it with each passing day.

OMG, @Trinity11, I too was going to reference Sunset Blvd! Not only the whole delusional aging beauty queen schtick, but the “little people” and “the wonderful people out there in the dark” quotes.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, JB, I don't think shopping channels are in the market for a sales person of her age. And who would want someone that high maintenance anyway.  But sad though it may be, they're looking for youth these days.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

OMG, @Trinity11, I too was going to reference Sunset Blvd! Not only the whole delusional aging beauty queen schtick, but the “little people” and “the wonderful people out there in the dark” quotes.

@MoonchildeI find it very sad. I expected so much more of Lisa. I do hope she is happy, though.

I think the adulation she received when she worked at QVC, somehow, marred her perspective of what leaving would really mean to her. I always got the impression that she was handed a lot of empty promises for jobs that never quite panned out.

So now she sells her wares stored in the basement to a few customers who buy them because Lisa is selling them. Not a very good recipe for her future endeavors. Then again, maybe she plans on taking an early retirement. I just hope it won't be because she has to....

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lets just keep this as a LR rememberance and gush post. On a side note i remember the montage at the end of the farewell show. Lisa toasted to 20 years but she couldnt say any words. I dont think any QVC host got such a grande farewell.

Nah.  Let’s post our actual thoughts (those of us who have them) and opinions.  That’s what discussion forums are for. Those who believe that they should be 100% gush and praise-fests rarely do well on forums.

Exactly.  These are forums, and we're supposed to post our own thoughts and opinions.  I've never been inclined to gush over anyone associated with QVC, and I'm certainly not going to start now.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

For sure she is not a tough negotiatior.  I know that for a fact.  If she was a little better at negotiating (and a whole lot smarter and more self-aware), she would probably still be at QVC.  

I've posted this before, and some believe me and some don't.  I don't care either way because I know what I know:  Leaving QVC was not Lisa's choice.  She very much wanted to stay.

As for being labeled a diva, that's primarily in her own mind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:
I confess to recently watching one of her chats nothing to do with her wares. She had Doris from (Doll 10) and Scott from (Jay jewelry) over it was entertaining lot's of LOL moment's. She made an intrestring and true comment though you find out who your real friends are, they're those that only cared how much $$$ she made them. Then the real one's she did leave the Q with some true friends.

Any way it was hilarious and of course Nancy in the Christmas Tree costume. I had tears from laughing lol.

She must really have an issue with this or it must really be a sore spot for her.  She has mentioned this a number of times.   

@Lipstickdiva @Westshopper

This is just speculation but in something I read in one of those financial rags said they thought that Leslie Blodgett, Dr Denese or other CEO's of companies that did business with the Q would hire LR and give her a fantastic position and with it an enormous salary.....when they didnt materialize and the offers didnt roll in I wonder if this is why LR keeps making that remark....people she thought were her friends didnt come through with the offers.............

I just wonder how much quantity of each item she has in inventory....and if what she sells even pays for all these overseas trips that LR and her entourage take..........

I dont wish Lisa ill, I enjoyed her as a host, dont plan to buy a thing from her, definitely never was nor will be "a fan"...she was a great sales person that's all, good luck on her endeavor....But I wonder if she had higher hopes of bigger and better offers...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:
I confess to recently watching one of her chats nothing to do with her wares. She had Doris from (Doll 10) and Scott from (Jay jewelry) over it was entertaining lot's of LOL moment's. She made an intrestring and true comment though you find out who your real friends are, they're those that only cared how much $$$ she made them. Then the real one's she did leave the Q with some true friends.

Any way it was hilarious and of course Nancy in the Christmas Tree costume. I had tears from laughing lol.

She must really have an issue with this or it must really be a sore spot for her.  She has mentioned this a number of times.   

@Lipstickdiva @Westshopper

This is just speculation but in something I read in one of those financial rags said they thought that Leslie Blodgett, Dr Denese or other CEO's of companies that did business with the Q would hire LR and give her a fantastic position and with it an enormous salary.....when they didnt materialize and the offers didnt roll in I wonder if this is why LR keeps making that remark....people she thought were her friends didnt come through with the offers.............

I just wonder how much quantity of each item she has in inventory....and if what she sells even pays for all these overseas trips that LR and her entourage take..........

I dont wish Lisa ill, I enjoyed her as a host, dont plan to buy a thing from her, definitely never was nor will be "a fan"...she was a great sales person that's all, good luck on her endeavor....But I wonder if he had higher hopes of bigger and better offers...............

@Spurt, my take on her “friends with influence” is:  They may be her personal friends (as in, they like her for herself) or they may have really liked her as a host professionally presenting their goods, but that doesn’t translate into affording her indefinite rounds of special offers, price discounts and video couch chats.  This especially when you consider that her business, i.e. how much custom she could bring them through her website, is very small potatoes compared to department stores and other large retail, plus their own existing websites. No one is going to make money from “helping” her.

She had “help” from Leslie Blodgett, Dr Denese, the Tatcha woman and others for at least an entire year, in some cases a year and a half, with goodies, videos, etc. No one’s going to do that forever for no gain, “friend” or not.

It sounds from her comments as if Lisa is an entitled brat who thinks she should be handed all the “help” she could ever need, forever.

I do think she truly believed she would get a high-paying status job immediately she left, where they would give her carte blanche - name her salary, name her hours, taking off whenever she wanted too, etc. i think she was knocked on her rear when that still hasn’t occurred three years later. As she loses the herd, she will fade into...a much reduced income. Or working Evine or the Liquidation Channel.