Honored Contributor

Re: Three years ago today was Lisa Robertsons final show at QVC

@Moonchilde wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It appears that the Q. is still doing business without her and Lisa's inventory as increased since the first jewelry items she put on sale.  Both sides seem to have moved on and appear to be staying afloat in this crazy economy of ours. 

The only reason she stays afloat is because she has a core group of obsessed followers with a lot of discretionary income who will buy anything she sells if she mentions their name during a chat. Whenever the time comes that these women either don’t want any more kwap or run out of money, she’s toast. These are women who buy 3-4 of something in every color, and very often turn around and sell half of it. Clearly, she has laser-targeted compulsive shoppers. OTOH she doesn’t want compulsive shoppers who return things, lol, and penalizes them. 

She’s starting to put her logo on many items - watches, handbags, etc. I personally would never wear a monogram logo’d item unless it was a name everyone knows. No one knows Lisa (or cares who she is) but the people that watched QVC 3+ years ago. I see “logos” in the Dollar Store.

Very true statement about the followers who help her business and can be said about many people in business or at the very least in some sort of reality show/world.  Obsessed people keep a lot of them singing all the way to the bank.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Its funny when Lisa left everyone waa like oh she will be back. Jane Treacy tried to launch her own biz ot website when she left but she didnt have the following, capital and social media didnt exist. Leslie Blodgett CEO of bare essentials said that Lisa was one of the biggest dynamos she met. For Lisa to return to a shopping channel it would have to be a big offer. Shes very strategic in doing whats smart for her.
Trusted Contributor

Please, please, please let it go. Let her go and stop tortuing us with these comments!

Frequent Contributor

How do I BLOCK a contributor so I don’t see ANY of their posts???

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Lets just keep this as a LR rememberance and gush post. On a side note i remember the montage at the end of the farewell show. Lisa toasted to 20 years but she couldnt say any words. I dont think any QVC host got such a grande farewell.
Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lets just keep this as a LR rememberance and gush post. On a side note i remember the montage at the end of the farewell show. Lisa toasted to 20 years but she couldnt say any words. I dont think any QVC host got such a grande farewell.

Gush???  LOL!!!!!  NO one but you on this forum gives a ****.  Lisa the jig has been up for some time.  Go away.

Trusted Contributor

Shawnie what do u remember abiut the final show and what was your take on it?
Honored Contributor

I didn’t watch her final show. I’m not able to gush about it, sorry.

Super Contributor

I am late to this party but will add my two cents before the post disappears. I noticed LR was back to her suduko. Something she did frequently after she left. Not being able to sleep is telling. Maybe she realizes the business may take a nose dive once Christmas is over. Perhaps that is why the frequent videos ( walking in the area by her home?) 3 to 4 per week and then the 3 daily posts and emails.

Did anyone catch her calling the coworkers "the family you create". Strange. 

Trusted Contributor

This post doesnt have to dissapear as long as its respectful and kept to gushing only.