Esteemed Contributor

Re: Three New QVC Hosts Started Their New Hire Training

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat @Lipstickdiva  Completely agree with your "goofy mess" description of a host. On the short list to go IMO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

How many hosts do they need? Being on the west coast I never see Pat James or nancy Hornbeck,Kathy P, Jayne Brown, Leah Williams, Dan Hughes. Im stuck with Yawn KL, Amy Stran but I like her. Shawn K. Jane Tracy and Jennifer Coffee. Unless there is gonna be a set of QVC hosts and QVC 2 hosts, what gives.

I know the host have off the T.V. duties, but I do not see half of the hosts on T.V. as it is. How many do they need? Are there any leaving that I am not aware of ? It seems they repeat with the same ones over and over. S.K.; A.S.; Kristin; I know David has his own show which takes much of the time, J.T. is on all the time. I guess I am just not understanding why all the new host unless we do not know of some leaving which I do not know of. It seems there are a few I never see, hardly ever.

bamasec

Esteemed Contributor

@topcat10

@Caaareful Shopper

i agree. More diversity in hosts please.  Many years ago they did hire an African American host but she was gone in no time.  It didn’t seem like they gave her much of a chance

Esteemed Contributor

@TeddixatHopefully, she left on her own for greener pastures with far more interesting things to with her life. Cannot imagine the monotony of being a shopping channel host for a living. Nothing would be worth that kind of incessant hum-drum workday to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Mary Nelson and Cathy P. were professional QVC hosts immediately! Both have easily hosted a variety of shows with poise and grace. They have excellent use of the English language and are able to communicate effectively with quests. Such a joy to watch them.

Can think of two hosts (one newer and one fairly long-timer) who need additional training or their walking papers. Both are unbearable IMO.

This is a perfect example of different strokes for different folks.  I do not like either of these hosts and I think both of them need voice training.

Mary Nelson has a terribly shaky voice and draws out every word and almost every sentence ends like a question.  Cathy's voice is annoying to me and I dislike the way she drops the "t's" in words like button and cotton.   

She also pronounces her 3's strangely.   Drives me crazy!  I also find it hard to listen to Amy Stran as well with the way she pronounces sold, old, etc.  any word that has an LD in it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy

Awww... I like Adam.

The one that never stops to breath and is annoying as all get out on HSN IMO is Shannon. Especially, with that fake laugh, it just makes me change the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty GaloreAmy Strand has a speech impediment. She has worked with speech therapists throughout her life. When tired, it is more apparent. She ambitious and does an amazing job in spite of her impairment. Have some compassion. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@froggy

Awww... I like Adam.

The one that never stops to breath and is annoying as all get out on HSN IMO is Shannon. Especially, with that fake laugh, it just makes me change the channel.

@icezeus

Actually I like Adam too, but I get tired of listening to him. 

Agree about Shannon though. If she says "Let's face it" once she says it twenty times in an hour. I think I once heard her say about something (maybe a Wolfgang stand mixer or something big like that) that she owned three in case one broke. Yeah, sure, me too.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@froggy

Awww... I like Adam.

@icezeus

Actually I like Adam too, but I get tired of listening to him. 

Agree about Shannon though. If she says "Let's face it" once she says it twenty times in an hour. I think I once heard her say about something (maybe a Wolfgang stand mixer or something big like that) that she owned three in case one broke. Yeah, sure, me too.

@froggy

I try my best to avoid calling people Liars, but with her there is just no other word for it. She does not bend the truth, she does not tell exaggerations, she just out and out lies about things. When people lie about little things then I do not trust them on anything. Her whole spiel is lost with me.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Hmm.  I think the Q needs a little more diversity in their hosts. But very happy for a new male host. They've been lacking in that department.

A little bit of diversity would be nice. I am also glad that they are bringing on a male host.  I wish that everyone would stop looking so stepford. Almost every single host has some sort of blond hair, even hosts that were previously brunette have either dyed their hair blond, highlights/tints of blond and most of them look as if they have fallen into a tub of Faux tan solution.