Valued Contributor

Re: Three New QVC Hosts Started Their New Hire Training

A British accent gets on your nerves.  Well I get all crazy ina good way.  I remeber Beatlemania.!!  Love the Brits!!  Especially the men!

Watching tonight- Anthony is fantastic! Thankful for some variety with having a male host, of course his accent is quite lovely and icing on the cake as he is easy on the eyes. Can’t wait to see more of him!!
Occasional Contributor

I think Anthony is wonderful! Very informative and a pleasure to listen to. He is a great addition.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I got an opportunity to see Anthony on a very early morning Christmas  clearance a few days ago. He's really good and a hoot. I will look forward to watching him.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
New Contributor

Yay!! Thank you for the astute observation Skylark! I could not agree more but at least the new male host is a step in the right direction. I've stopped watching altogether. 

Occasional Visitor

It drives me nuts the way some of the hosts pronounce Button & Cotton.  It's not "But-in" or "Cot-in".  Please train the new hosts in proper pronunciation.  It would make watching much easier.  

Occasional Visitor

QVC does a great job vetting tthese new hosts, and the training and evaluation program must be very rigorous. I have seen the newest "trainees", and they all seem very professional and super-skilled in selling. I assume that the new hosts are needed to fill the schedule of the three QVC channels, and to replace older hosts who have recently left, like Sharon Faetsch. I must admit that some of the veteran hosts are hard to find these days, like Courtney Cason, Gabrielle Kerr, and Nancy Hornback. I can't recall the last time that I have seen any of these three on-air, which seems odd. 

New Contributor

Good luck to Terri, Anthony and Rachelle.

I remember Terri from One Life to Live.  

Anthony, I love your accent!

Honored Contributor

I saw Terri a few times though not for an entire show and liked her a lot.

She seemed really natural and not acting a part.

Some of the latest presentations the managers have the hosts doing before the presentations actually start  sound so loud and desperate and over the top acting.

I think it just doesn't come naturally to many. I don't blame them so much but do wonder about the ones hiring and coaching and the producers of these shows. 

I find I am tuning in for a few minutes or less and then quickly changing the channel.

It really has changed or I have.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It would have been nice to see more of a variety of people.

For instance, why not African American or Asian.  It would be nice to see more variety.  This country is made up of many variations of ethnicities  

We are finally seeing it on TV shows and in the movies.  Since QVC is on 24/7 it would be nice for them to include themselves in these representations...just a thought.