Honored Contributor

It's called HYPE !!! And every make up brand/line uses it----to make the big $$$----have pretty much gotten over falling for all that nonsense----and had to laugh watching JRT pile all that stuff on her face --there was no difference just deeper, more exaggerated,  lines!!!  I changed channels------Woman Indifferent

Respected Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Maybe, but money isn't everything. I'm sure she put a lot of her blood, sweat, and tears into building a great company with great products. I can't believe that doesn't matter just as much if not more than the money, which I'm sure she had plenty enough of by the way, before she sold the company. I guess money means more than anything to some people. As for me, I'll take God first and health second before any amount of money. 

@KittySoftPaws Wow. How do you know she didn't take God, health and the money? In that order.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The lady who started this line sold out to: shows you how much she loves the company😄🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

https://www.allure.com/story/unilever-buys-tatcha-estimated-valuation

Others have as well. Jamie Kern Lima sold IT Cosmetics for a ton of money. Can't say I wouldn't do the same.

Respected Contributor

I agree the pitch is ridiculous, I never watch JT close up or listen to her.

'I have glucoma and tears in retina --they are very sensitive. I can no longer wear ANY eye makeup, my eyes lids  became crusty and deep pink. In a few days 

I had pink puffy bags under eyes.

'Desperate, after reading reviews I tried Tatcha eye cream-----terrific results, just amazing. 
'Still can't wear makeup but my eyes look fine. 

Honored Contributor

Overpriced Carrageenan which is the red algae they brag about, it is found in many skin care brands, nothing special. 

Respected Contributor

I've always thought if any of these beauty products really worked that Jane T. uses, especially PTR she boasts over, her skin would naturally look better.

Not dissing on Jane T. at all....even the young models who use the products made by dermatologists, etc. so they work...yeah sure....show no improvement in their skin when they remove the make-up to reapply and show us the amazing coverage.

We viewers are not stupid to all the hype and promises made.

Honored Contributor

Jamie Kern Lima did it, so did Cristina Carlino from Philosophy, Leslie Blodgett from BE, and Maureen Kelly from Tarte.. They all did it at the right time and made millions!!!!!

It doesn't mean their products do not work, although I know a lot of it is hype and exagerration of course...

The older I get the less I pay attention to all of that hype because you finally realize nothing is going to turn back the hands of time, other than fillers and plastic surgery!!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Thr Tatcha Geisha pitch

[ Edited ]

I think Courtney and Jane are not motivational choices for skincare presentations...Jane is over 60, as we all know, and her wrinkles and crows feet are there to stay. Courtney is young but has so many “enhancements” how can any of these potions work on her? Maybe someone more realistic...not sure who though..

But I do have to say that Jennifer is gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Yes, Jennifer is a real beauty!!

Respected Contributor

Yes she is gorgeous and I thought the founder of Tatcha is too. Is her name Vicki?

Regarding the sales pitch, yes they all have them. Is it any more annoying than the JM one about the beautiful French woman who looks 40 but is really 70?  lol