Honored Contributor

@ellaphant - You might be amused by this. I've posted before. I taught school in Japan. I was in Kyoto in a lady's room when I met a Geisha in traditional dress  doing her makeup. She was using Estée Lauder! LOL!

That said, I do like Tatcha's rice powder. I've been using that since I lived there. When I got back home it was hard to find. Fresh made a wonderful one, then discontinued it. I tried one by Bobbi Brown, but I didn't like it that much. I don't use it that much, so I haven't bought it in a while. With the new owners I imagine the product has changed some.  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

Maybe, but money isn't everything. I'm sure she put a lot of her blood, sweat, and tears into building a great company with great products. I can't believe that doesn't matter just as much if not more than the money, which I'm sure she had plenty enough of by the way, before she sold the company. I guess money means more than anything to some people. As for me, I'll take God first and health second before any amount of money. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thr Tatcha Geisha pitch be

@happilyretiredgirl   I've mentioned before that I like to see the more mature hosts do the beauty shows as they are going through alot of the same things I am skin wise.  In my opinion they have any/all products available to them & if it doesn't look good on the host it most likely won't look good on me.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thr Tatcha Geisha pitch

[ Edited ]

Hi, @beach-mom !  I posted on another Beauty thread that the Rice Powder has in fact changed since Tatcha was purchased.  The mill on the powder isn't as fine and the container is not the same in delivery or size although the stated amount has not changed.  The new delivery method pours out much faster making you use more per treatment unless you're very careful.  

In my experience, once a company purchases an innovative line, the first priority is cost reduction, packaging first because that is easy, then formulation.  Not usually a good combo for the consumer.

Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @beach-mom !  I posted on another Beauty thread that the Rice Powder has in fact changed since Tatcha was purchased.  The mill on the powder isn't as fine and the container is not the same in delivery or size although the stated amount has not changed.  The new delivery method pours out much faster making you use more per treatment unless you're very careful.  

In my experience, once a company purchases an innovative line, the first priority is cost reduction, packaging first because that is easy, then formulation.  Not usually a good combo for the consumer.

@MJDinVegas - I agree with you! I was going to post earlier and forgot- these new owners seem to go for quantity not quality. 

I saw this with the first owners when Laura Geller sold her company. Thank goodness the current owner is trying to take the company back to what it once was, with the quality Laura is known for.

Thank you for telling me about Tatcha's rice powder. My dermatologist doesn't want me using this more than once a week (although I might use it once more once in a while!), so what I have should last a while. I'll probably look at other options when it runs out.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

In my view Jane is not a good representation of the product. I wish they would stop showing her, because the lines under he eye do not go anywhere. 

I use this line based on the recommendation of a GF, and I have been very pleased with my results. 

I am not trying to get rid of wrinkles, but I use the Cleansing Oil, the exfoliating powder, the eye cream, and the moisturizer with a dollop of JM Argan oil. 

I received the lip balm mask as a birthday gift and I really feel that it works better then any lip products that I have used for many many years. 

Everyone has different results with different lines. Mine have been all positive. 

@icezeus  - I agree that Jane is not a good representation for the brand.  

Glad you've had good results with the brand.  When a few posters say negative things, others will jump on the bandwagon.

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Maybe, but money isn't everything. I'm sure she put a lot of her blood, sweat, and tears into building a great company with great products. I can't believe that doesn't matter just as much if not more than the money, which I'm sure she had plenty enough of by the way, before she sold the company. I guess money means more than anything to some people. As for me, I'll take God first and health second before any amount of money. 

@KittySoftPaws  - What's wrong with the former owner building up a brand and selling it for millions? Good for her!  I would have done the same thing.   Are you saying she should have not sold the brand?   Maybe I'm not understanding your post.

Regular Contributor

Jane is proof that skin care products don't work to reverse signs of aging,  snake oil.  Only Botox, fillers and plastic surgery can.  But the Tatcha rep is stunning!

I wish I had Janes confidence, if I had her skin I would have been to the plastic surgeon 20 years ago and certainly would never show my face up close.

Respected Contributor

wow

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

The lady who started this line sold out to: shows you how much she loves the company😄🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

https://www.allure.com/story/unilever-buys-tatcha-estimated-valuation