Respected Contributor

Re: Thomas Pacconi Ornaments

Very sad that this man is now relagated to working at a Walgreens..I own his ornaments and still use them to this day. Theyve aged wonderfully. Miss Thomas and hope he is doing ok.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:
Very sad that this man is now relagated to working at a Walgreens..I own his ornaments and still use them to this day. Theyve aged wonderfully. Miss Thomas and hope he is doing ok.

I don't understand why it's "sad"; are you saying that those who work at Walgreens are losers? Can't do anything better? It's a job and an honest one at that. Geez.

BEYOND that insult to people who work in jobs that is obviously beneath many, if you go to his Linked In profile, he's working in the CORPORATE side of Walgreens. Does that make it better that he's working at Walgreens now? It's obvious that this man has made his career in sales; selling ornaments was simply a business to him and when he felt it was time to move on, he did. Looking at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if health care/benefits was an issue as well.

I own a few boxes of his ornaments thanks to my parents (Christmas gifts). Kudos to him for finding and using an excellent manufacturer because the quality is excellent. 

Respected Contributor

My centerpiece Christmas decoration is a Pacconi table top tree and a wooden Advent box which holds a different glass ornament for each December day. The tree also has lights and a little red velvet skirt. The final ornament is a little gold star for the top of the tree.

The workmanship of this set is beautifully executed.  I am sorry he chose to leave the business.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have the wooden chest containing 3 layers of ornaments.  Thomas Pacconi offered such lovely, quality items.  So happy you found your Dad's collection!

Regular Contributor

While we enjoyed his shows and his merchandise, he was not a very young man.  Perhaps he is retired and is just working at Walgreens to work with the holiday merchandise.  Maybe he just can't sit still and needs to keep busy.  Many retired teachers that I know work at Walgreens, Barnes and Noble or Target.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Respected Contributor

Imagine if Kathy Lee Gifford or Hoda wound up st working at Walgreens. Surely it is a step down from QVC and live TV.
Regular Contributor

Re Walgreens: good for him! Maybe he is semi-retired and just wanted to work for a good company in his downtime. Or maybe he hit hard times with his business and had to find more stable work. There is no shame in an honest days work.