Visitor

Every year at this time QVC trys to sell the same products over and over.  I am sick of seeing them.  I wait till after the new year before I watch QVC again.  It is so annoying....

Honored Contributor

Just like going to any major department stores or retailers -- they sell the same stuff just send coupons, sale flyers & more ... go to the store NOTHING new to me!

I honestly feel bad for these hosts on shopping channels how exciting can it be to "hawk" the same stuff for hours on end and be excited...a good way to start their acting career.  Honestly, how do they do it! And sometimes (like TSV) talk about the same thing for a hour...

I bet when they get home they don't even want to look at TV!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@skipper22 wrote:

Every year at this time QVC trys to sell the same products over and over.  I am sick of seeing them.  I wait till after the new year before I watch QVC again.  It is so annoying....

You might want to wait until late March or April before you start watching again.  January and February showings are pretty predictable but judging by your sign up date you have been around long enought that should know that.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@skipper22 wrote:

You might want to wait until late March or April before you start watching again.  January and February showings are pretty predictable but judging by your sign up date you have been around long enought that should know that.

Yes...Jan & Feb will be the "exercise" and "diet" programs......Marie Osmond and Susan Lucci....

Nutrisystem,exercise equipment...and a ton more beauty product shows...New Year New You programs...

Honored Contributor

.......and clearance shows.

Esteemed Contributor

And hours upon hours of gardening.

Respected Contributor
.. and don't forget January will also be the beginning of the garden shows. Only thing interesting for me about that is the possible return of Philip Watson. Hope he is doing well after his health issues earlier this year.
Respected Contributor

I don't know what's worse gardening or Christmas in July offerings.  They're both pretty bad, IMO

Esteemed Contributor

This is cracking me up -- we're all so different, and thank goodness for that!  I soooo look forward to the gardening shows.  I put them on my calendar and try not to miss any of them.  I need the gardening shows to get through the winter till spring finally gets here.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: This time of the year.

[ Edited ]

For me, QVC has become rather stale and predictable year-around. The holiday season has become worse than usual and is particularly boring and repetitive. They need to offer up more brands and more variety and stop programming the same few products so frequently.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...