Esteemed Contributor

This is how corporate handles customer relations

[ Edited ]

On November 13 I ordered a D & B pocketbook that was advertised in the Insider.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was a $30 gift card promotion which was limited. Th e TSV was November 14.  I ordered the pocketbook and the gift card was confirmed on the order.  It was to be received 6-8weeks from purchase.

Well, I forgot about it and started contacting the Q CS inJanaury.  Their first response was "that's not our responsibility its cashstar".  When I wrote back for a contact at Cashstar I got no response.  This has been going on the entire month of January to present.  Early last week I was asked to wait until Friday 2/12.  Now please know with all my weekly phone calls and emails I have only spoken to two customer service reps that sympathized with my situation.

today I called customer service again and was more or less laughed at that I was upset about $30 and there was nothing they could do.

i FiNALLy got through to corporate only to find it was not much better.  First I was told they couldn't find any such promotion (okay I made it up).  Then I was asked to wait two more weeks.  As you can imagine I lost it at this point... I told her that this week I had $300 plus  worth of orders shipping that I was about to cancel.  She then says "well I wouldn't go that far."  Are you kidding me?

the call ended and I was fuming.  Two minutes later the phone rings and she tells me she just put $30 on my account (which she should have done in the first place).  

corporate, did you ever hear of Customer relations?  You did ABSOLUTELY NOTHINg for me, except give me what I was owed FOR THREE MONTHS.

Respected Contributor

Re: This is how corporate handles customer relations

[ Edited ]

@ANewHue, I had a similar problem with just this same thing.  I first emailed Customer Service about my lack of $30 credit several weeks ago, and got nothing but a run-around.  Finally just this weekend, I called customer service, and they were able to tell me I had gotten my credit; I had to call my order in to a live person and I'd access the credit that way.  This worked.  (But wouldn't it have been nice to get a email confirming this, before I had to call?)

But, I too was  fuming about the lack of service and the total lack of response to my issue.  The email stream back and forth between me and customer service was comical in its lack of service.

Next problem up is my $10 credit I was supposed to get for getting a Q card in the first place.  Haven't seen that yet, either.  

Editted to add:  When this type of thing happens, I think the company in question is banking on us forgetting we are owed the credit in the first place.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
QVC Customer Care

@Peaches McPhee

I will not subject you to a "stream" of emails but if you send me one email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com I will be happy to ensure you receive whatever credits are due you.....Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee The representative for the Presidents office was just as inept as the rest of CS.  If I had spoken to a customer like that I would have been fired.  I told her how much I spend here monthly and it didn't seem to phase her in the least.  It just goes to show me  and should show everyone the Q DOES NOT value you as a customer or your business.   I did expect an elevated level of professionalism from the Presidents office.

Honored Contributor

I hate the whole rebate system - everywhere.  I think they all hope we will not keep track of what is owed -  and they know that when they send rebate cards, hundreds of thousands of those who received them don't spend all the money on those rebate cards.  Not that anyone makes it easy to do that!

I also don't like to receive gift cards and I never give them any longer.  An easy to cash personal check or cash if I'm going to see the person I want to gift.  It may be old-fashioned, but I couldn't care less.