Respected Contributor

This is hardly a clearance sale!

I rarely watch QVC anymore but I have tuned in here and there over the course of today and have checked the website. Most of these so-called "clearance" items are 15-20% off. PLEASE!!! EVERY retailer has been offering huge discounts. I haven't been tempted by anything. I did purchase the TSV but, my experience w/ Peace Love World has been somewhat disappointing overall.  Her items tend to pill quickly. 

Honored Contributor

Re: This is hardly a clearance sale!

[ Edited ]

Shoppers, be aware of the "up" to 40% off tactic.  Usually only a very few items are 40% off or whatever the highest percentage is.  Common among all retailers.  

It's their way of sucking us in and even though most items are not 40% off, they hope we'll see something we "must" have at a much lower percentage off. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve seen their clearance sale more than once when the sale price was a whopping 4 cents lower. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's why they push the value pays  and rare free shipping. No win here. Just  prepare to pay if you really want to try whatever they are selling .

Honored Contributor

There is nothing on QVC that I "must" have.  I only purchase when there's a significant price reduction and/or free shipping.  Too many other places where quality, value and convenience are more affordable.

Respected Contributor

QVC has never (in 30-some years, at least) had a real sale. Never expect one.

If you buy something "on sale," if you really want it--that's it. Don't look at the few dollars you might be saving.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen any real deep discounts on the Q lately. A few months ago they had the very last chance (final) sale, which gave deep discounts. Not much since. 

Honored Contributor

Usually QVC's "sale price" is $2 to $3 off the original price....hardly a reason to get excited...😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The TSV’s also used to be a much higher savings.  Now you order after the TSV, it might be $4-$5 higher.  I look, I buy some, but nothing earth shattering AT ALL here.  

My biggest disappointment was a Judith Ripka pendant I bought several years ago.  TSV was about 129, two months later it was about $49.  Of course the color I bought was still in stock at $49.  I know your color could have been gone.  But that was a BIG drop, so close to the TSV date.  (That’s when I realized the one time only price was the prices guaranteed for six months.  Not TSV’s). 

Respected Contributor

ha yeah and I always love that the "clearance" prices go UP again! My recollection is that most retail clearance sales are priced to move.

I had watched one show, I think Nancy hosted it and honestly she said over and over again that the clearance prices would expire at the end of the day. I got tired of hearing it and there wasn't anything I was really interested in so I changed the channel.

I did buy a jacket that I had my eye on when they offered free shipping AND it was lower priced than when I originally saw it.