Valued Contributor

Who knows if this is the experience of one customer or if it happens more often. 

Bottom line: keep email receipts and order numbers until the package arrives!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'm not saying this did not happen as the HSN post stated.  But you do realize this is no more than any one-sided look into the situation, with less than all of the facts.  No one has any idea what specifics actually happened.  I am always initially suspect as soon as I see emphatic words such as "scam" and "unethical" ranted in posts. 

QVC & HSN need sales.  What would be their gain in making orders disappear? How does their supposed scam or unethical tactics in these scenarios benefit them?  Were accounts charged for items never received?   That would definitely be a huge problem.

@Caaareful Shopper    If the items never shipped, it's doubtful the poster was ever charged thus suffered no loss.  Therefore, it's not a scam.  There could have been a problem with her account.

Reposting from another bulletin board is akin to repeating gossip.  We don't know if it's true and it can't be verified.  Not a good practice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: This is from HSN Forums

[ Edited ]

Haven't shopped at HSN in a looooooooooooooooonnnnnngggg time.....so I dont know if HSN's website can be a quirky as QVC's is sometimes.....Lots of unknowns in this case that we just aren't  privvy too.....(as @CAcableGirl2  mentioned doesn't HSN send out an email as confirmation of an order where she could have forwarded a copy to their Customer Service to confirm an order was made?????)

One time I placed an order on QVC's website, (this was way before the pandemic) it processed and I got a "Thank you for your order" email, but later on the order "disappeared" and didn't show up in ORDER STATUS under my account information on Q's website....But 24 hours later ----there it was....So perhaps the HSN Shopper experienced a similar system's glitz on HSN's website....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
I have not had an issue returning to HSN. Ship back prepaid UPS beginning of last week and have already received email regarding receipt and credit. Their shipping department is far superior to Q’s imo.
Respected Contributor

Maybe her ordered was cancelled due to an invalid credit card that had been cancelled or expired - or the credit card company was tired of having to write off charges that were reported as false.  I can see where a company would cancel an order and not spend too much time trying to get a different payment arranged. 

I have had nothing but great experiences with purchases from both Evine (now called another name), and HSN.  Packages are shipped in either one or two days and I have never had any issues with orders that were later backordered, or lost in transit or stuck in processing.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I have had no problem with HSN ordering and receiving mdse, or even returns which I rarely do.  But, I did return something for exchange recently and they refunded me instead of exchange.  I called them and got it all straightened out with no problem. 

What does concern me is all the posts I see here about QVC Customer Service not answering phone calls.  Yes, there may be an avenue using E-mail or these forums, but not everybody knows that or even wants to.  Sometimes you just need to talk to a real person.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am shopping elsewhere where customer service supports my issues.  One of my places to go is Amazon and the other Zulily owned or associated with QVC. Customer service second to none.  NO IDEA WHY THE Q DOES NOT FOLLOW ALONG.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have had no problem with HSN ordering and receiving mdse, or even returns which I rarely do.  But, I did return something for exchange recently and they refunded me instead of exchange.  I called them and got it all straightened out with no problem. 

What does concern me is all the posts I see here about QVC Customer Service not answering phone calls.  Yes, there may be an avenue using E-mail or these forums, but not everybody knows that or even wants to.  Sometimes you just need to talk to a real person.  

I agree with @Icegoddess .  I've always had great service with HSN.  There's always two sides to every story.  

I've fortunately not had any issues with QVC, but I do sympathize with everyone having issues with Customer Service.  While the Social Team is great at solving problems, there are many that would actually like to speak to a person on the phone.  I love QVC, but not understanding their lack of attention to Customer Service these days.  

Valued Contributor

This thread got me looking at my Orders. I returned two pillows to QVC on July 7. My order does not show it returned nor credited. I returned a cardigan on July 15th and its still not shown as returned nor credited. Yikes!

I had ordered three Halo phone chargers for my two granddaughters in Ct. and one for my son. I received a emai that their arrival was delayed.

I emailed back to cancel my order as their birthday would have passed and I would purchase something else. Three weeks later, two showed up. I tried repeatedly to contact customer service to no avail. I sent an email, posted by someone on this forum with an email address and received an answer. I told her that I tried to cancel the order but would return the chargers and to please cancel the third that was delayed. I received a response that the order would be cancelled...

Yesterday, I received the third charger a month and a half later.

What a mess.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I am shopping elsewhere where customer service supports my issues.  One of my places to go is Amazon and the other Zulily owned or associated with QVC. Customer service second to none.  NO IDEA WHY THE Q DOES NOT FOLLOW ALONG.  

@bonnielu 

And everyone has different experiences---I had 3 different bad experiences on Amazon. 

1. misrepresntation of product (they pictured and described a named brand but sent me a piece of junk look like it came from the Dollar Store) And to add insult to injury they deleted my negative review.  I reported the third party Vendor to Amazon and that dishonest vendor is still there (I had to jump through hoops to get my refund.)

2. An issue with a book puchase.....

3. My card was hacked (never store your credit card on Amazon, they dont require the security code after your first purchase, and the CC fraud unit told me Amazon has security breaches, and I saw this in print in media publications).....check your CC statements carefully. 

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”