Respected Contributor

This is from HSN Forums

[ Edited ]

I copied and pasted from the HSN forum

Just wanted everyone to be aware of a new scam that HSN & QVC are now doing. I placed an order for the Vionic sandals in Feb and was on a wait list for over 90 days..probably due to their ex tended return policy. Finally was in process for a week and then disappeared. Called CS and they had no idea what I was talking about. The TSV was about $39 and then jumped to $63. Never seen anything like it in the past. Last week, HSN had a TS for 2 tablet pillows which were to ship on 7/20. I’ve been checking my order status daily as I’ve been waiting for items that I placed in JUNE! Suddenly the order for the pillows have disappeared. No email was sent nor did CS have any explanation.
In the 20+ years as a shopper at these sites, this has never happened. Once may be a coincidence but twice, I don’t think so. I can’t even cancel orders that have been placed as they just sit there for over 3 weeks. Due to covid, you have to wait for 6 weeks for a refund even when I haven’t received it. Of course, I’m expected to pay for these items and wait for a refund.
I know this is a rant, but i wanted others to be aware of these deceptive and unethical practices they have both adopted. It’s definitely hit or miss these days but I’m done!I am going to file a complaint with the BBB as well.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Thank you for letting us know!

COVID is messing up so much.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: This is from HSN Forums

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear   My question to whoever posted this concern would be...Do you still have the email confirmations of your orders?  If so, I would provide those to show that you had a valid order and the order dissapeared. 

You might also check to make sure someone hasn't hacked into your account.  I would double check all my account information including ship to address to make sure it's valid as well as start checking your credit card information just to make sure you haven't been charged. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2   I copied that from someone on HSN forums Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear   Just realized that and edited my post. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is from HSN Forums

[ Edited ]

I haven't returned anything to HSN recently, but my returns to QVC have taken less than 2 weeks, not 6 or more.

I wonder if the disgruntled HSN poster has stopped ordering...or is a slow learner.

Disappearing orders would be a concern; slow processing and shipping...what are you gonna do?  I have an order in Richmond...

Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed."

What the what?  What's going on in Richmond?

Calling these odd things a "scam" is a bit much...IMO.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2   I agree with what you said!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm not saying this did not happen as the HSN post stated.  But you do realize this is no more than any one-sided look into the situation, with less than all of the facts.  No one has any idea what specifics actually happened.  I am always initially suspect as soon as I see emphatic words such as "scam" and "unethical" ranted in posts. 

QVC & HSN need sales.  What would be their gain in making orders disappear? How does their supposed scam or unethical tactics in these scenarios benefit them?  Were accounts charged for items never received?   That would definitely be a huge problem.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   yes so true, you are right. i just saw it there and saw the comments there and posted it here.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I haven't had these kind of issues, but I assure you if I ever do I'm done with that retailer.  Very simple to resolve.  Shop around people!  Too bad it took this virus to bring attention to the stronger retailers.  It's even as simple as going online at Walmart and having it delivered!  Or Amazon and e-bay.  I've not had problems that I see discussed here.  A friend of mine recently ordered an item from ebay that cost $80.  She complained that the item wasn't as described.  That vendor immediately refunded her and told her to not bother returning it.  Now, that's customer service!