Respected Contributor

Re: This is a New One for Me -- Order Can't ship to my address

I have purchased readers from HSN before.  Also in the drugstore, the cheap ones. What is up with this?  (I live in NY)

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Item description states it can't ship to NY or RI.  No explanation.  @rms1954 , you can do better, count your blessings!

I didn't read that part.  Thanks.  Moderator explained also about NYS law; however, I am perplexed because they sell them in just about any store here, even the $1 stores.  Oh well. 

@rms1954, it is the strength of the lenses.  In NYS any diopter higher than 2.75 must be fitted by a licensed professional.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL @icezeus @sweetee2 @patbz Not a PO Box, just my street address.  I'm in New York State.  Item was the readers A370555 

Certain states regulate how strong non-prescription glasses can be.  A one or two power is OK to be sold at retail.  Anything higher needs a doctor's approval.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a clothing item, full price. It was shipped to my CA address. The same item, same designer, went on “as is” price. I liked it so ordered the item again. I was told this item could not be shipped to my address. What? I called CS. They tried to order it for me. The same thing happened. Makes no sense to me...🙄

~H~
Frequent Contributor

I live in California. I tried to order an Irish sweater,,It would not ship to Calif..SO I emailed the company in Ireland..They explained, Calif has a law about the amount of lead that can be in EVEN THE TINIEST THING,,That thing was the zipper pull..It contained some tiny amount of lead ,,so the sweater could not be ordered in Calif..because of that..I hate that..I still want that sweater.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Item description states it can't ship to NY or RI.  No explanation.  @rms1954 , you can do better, count your blessings!

-----------------------------------------

I'm assuming thats due to some type of State regulation.  The retailer would have no reason to not ship to cetain states, 

Respected Contributor

My necklace was going to my home in CA too. It was weird. The only thing I could think it might be was the packaging.  How toxic is a diamond neckace, accept to my credit card. lol

Deb