Trusted Contributor

This is Why I Won't Complain About QVC Shipping Charges

I wanted a blouse from Sundance that was a little high in price.  BUT I had a 20% off discount which saved me $31.60.  Cool!  Until I saw  $17.95 to ship it, I am changing my mind. 

Regular Contributor

Re: This is Why I Won't Complain About QVC Shipping Charges

Sundance shipping is outrageous. 

Esteemed Contributor

And I thought Vanity Fair charging $7.99 yesterday to ship me 3 pairs of panties was a rip off. Won't do that again just to save a 12 minute trip to Kohl's.

Respected Contributor

I sent a medium size box via post office to my parents for Christmas this year, and the shipping was $30!!!  It is outrageously expensive!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry to say but I feel like you pay for shipping regardless of where you shop from. I feel they either build the so called free shipping into the overall cost of the item or separate it out. 

I order many items from SIsley-Paris and they have free shipping. But the overall cost of the items is very high and I am sure the "free shipping" is just added back into the prices.

With Amazon Prime membership, yes, you do get "free shipping" however, the price that Prime costs members overall---I am sure there is not really free.  And it seems to me that they have likely factored these overall costs into everything.

Just my two cents on this.......

Please don't attack me!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sometimes when I get a % off promo from a catalog, etc and figure how much off it would be then add on the shipping, ends up no savings so no buying. I do agree that most have cost of shipping included in product price, however don’t see how that would be true with Macy’s because same price in store as price to ship free.
Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I am sorry to say but I feel like you pay for shipping regardless of where you shop from. I feel they either build the so called free shipping into the overall cost of the item or separate it out. 

I order many items from SIsley-Paris and they have free shipping. But the overall cost of the items is very high and I am sure the "free shipping" is just added back into the prices.

With Amazon Prime membership, yes, you do get "free shipping" however, the price that Prime costs members overall---I am sure there is not really free.  And it seems to me that they have likely factored these overall costs into everything.

Please don't attack me!

@JasoninBoston   I understand why you say that.  However, I always check several places before ordering and always end up ordering from the place that has free shipping.  The cost of the item is usually the same, plus the shipping is free.  I usually check Amazon, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Target, depending on what I'm looking for.  All of those places have free shipping.  Target is free to me because I have their RedCard.  I also do a global Google search.  When I compare the price to QVC I always come out ahead.  I do order from QVC occasionally when I can't find the item somewhere else.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

Please don't attack me!

No attack from me.  I am an Prime member and I think overall I am getting a fair deal.  I check Amazon for most items I buy, especially from QVC.  Most times the price are very close, some even lower and with the "free shipping" and fast delivery I go Amozon most of the time.  I am tired of waiting a week or more for my purchases from the Q.  IMO Prime is great for shoppers that use it often. I wanted Pasta dishes on a Sunday morning, it was storming so I didn't want to go out.  Checked Amazon, 6 for $12, perfect.  Ordered and there was same day delivery.  Had pasta in my new bowls Sunday evening.  Thats what makes it worth it to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JasoninBoston .. that may be true of some websites.  However, for example, explain this to me:   Let's say I want to purchase a Dooney Handbag... and have the following choices:

Dooney website.   Price is $398.00 and no shipping/handling charge.

Macy's Store:  Price is $398.00 and obviously no shipping/handling charge.

Macy's Website:   Price is $398.00 and no shipping/handling charge.

QVC:                     Price is $398.00 and $12.00+ shipping/handling.

If the cost of shipping is included in the price that would lead me to believe QVC is getting paid twice for shipping/handling.  

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston  I agree that there usually is a fee built into pricing on “free shipping” to cover shipping cost. They aren’t going to lose money. But because I use Prime video so much, I think my Prime membership is a bargain. It’s about the price of Netflix and has free shipping benefits as well.