Super Contributor

Re: Things I miss from older OVC

[ Edited ]

I miss the stability of the host staff. They stayed with QVC for years and you really got to know them.  They were able to build an audience, which is important.  Now so many new hires and they seem to last a very short time and then they are let go.  Many are not given a chance to really hit their stride.  All of the new hires are excellent, but they come and go too fast.  It sounds corny, but I liked 'getting to know' the hosts.  I remember when Mary Beth, Pat, and a few others had their children.  I remember David's dog Ruby, and hearing bits and pieces about their personal lives.  My life evolved along with theirs and we all matured together.  It made for a very pleasant and unique shopping experience.  I was not under any illusion that the hosts were my friends, LOL.  I just enjoyed the experience they provided their customers, and boy did I spend!  I still use many of the products from back then to this day.

I recently watched a video for one of the lunchtime specials and I had no idea who the host was.  I thought she was excellent, especially the tone of her voice.  Apparently she has already been let go.  

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston 

Kirks Folly has another show on June 30th at 2am ET and their 30th QVC anniversary is celebrated in April of next year.

Contributor

I miss the fact that they no longer care about their customers! It's really hard sell now & if your item doesn't ship for a month or your return is not procces in a timely manner "Oh well".