Honored Contributor

We’re going to be hearing the word “gift” thousands of times, ad nauseum, between now and Christmas. Unfortunately, this will apply to practically everything being sold, including sponges, PooPourri, hair removers, and dusting cloths. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I swear, if anyone “gifts” me a sponge with a red ribbon around it, I’m coming up swinging!

Respected Contributor

yeah, I agree,  and who gifts someone Poo-Pourri?  

Contributor

It would be helpful for these types of shows to preview ALL the items at the beginning of the show. My guess is that they don't do this because people may not tune in if nothing stands out. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: They're Doing It Again!

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:

‘Tis the season of flashlights and flameless candles. My credit cards thank you.

@wakefield64 

I dont mind the flameless candles...they are a big part of decorating for Fall and Christmas....But the rest...

Hang on to your remote its just starting.....we havent yet seen QVC's "game of the season" where all the hosts challenge each other---(think Flashpad, Rubiks Cube etc) ....And we havent seen any drones or Kerstin riding a scooter yet.....and even MORE of the usual "favorites" ..... yep, more "FUN TO COME"....'Tis the season alright ------to CHANGE THE CHANNEL for sure....🙄

I remember in past years not too long ago (and no, Im not talking about the "golden days") I'm talking fairly recent times when they showed some new innovative and unique products that really were actually GIFTABLE ...But these days QVC's gift programming.....STINKS! 🎄 🎅 🎁  Definitely NOT SANTA APPROVED!!! 

skunk_1f9a8.png

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I swear, if anyone “gifts” me a sponge with a red ribbon around it, I’m coming up swinging!

@ Montana 

🤣 🤣 🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

yeah, I agree,  and who gifts someone Poo-Pourri?  

@KKJ 

i have......for my mother.

she has some medical issues and likes to have it around.

she puts it in all of her bathrooms for herself and guests.

she keeps a small one in her handbag.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

i have gifted the sponges also......the scrub daddy.

you know why?

guests, family, and friends have come into my home and seen them.

a few times i have given them one because they thought it was a great idea.

a few times people had remembered seeing them on shark tank.

qvc has done a four pack in a gift box and i have purchased them and given them as small gifts to people who i know would appreciate them and use them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: They're Doing It Again!

[ Edited ]

Saturday I came home late from a day of local shopping and dinner with friends....nothing much on...turned it to QVC.....Here's another thing that bugs me..

"stocking stuffers"....

One host urged viewers to pick up multiples---you need just a "little something" to put in the stockings...and the cost with shipping added up to $32 for one item!!!!  I dont know about others but for stocking stuffers what we normally have done are $5 gift certifitcates to coffee shops or fast food places, maybe some candy and Lotto tickets, a pair of socks, maybe some small lotion samples from B&BW etc...Gee, I wonder how much they think customers spend on major gifts....?????  I guess that's what the $299, $399, $499, $899 TSV's are for..TV's, vaccuums, computers, LaZ Boy recliners, and expensive jewelry  I want to be added to the host's Christmas Recipient Gift List........Woman Very Happy  Time for a REALITY CHECK QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

‘Tis the season of flashlights and flameless candles. My credit cards thank you.

Smiley LOL @wakefield64... Isn't that the truth... Same stuff year after year... And even if you like flameless candles, how many do you need... I have a few but am not over the moon about the concept... Moreover, I've purchased most of mine locally for a good bit less and they all look and work as well as those of others I know who bought them here...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...